Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

This is YOUR face when a Meth Lab at your Mom's house goes wrong.........

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 23 Replies

Meth lab blows up in the face of Campbell County man

Posted: Apr 04, 2013 2:05 PM CDT

Randall Johnson (Source: Campbell County Sheriff's Office)
Randall Johnson (Source: Campbell County Sheriff's Office)
  • LATEST HEADLINES

LAFOLLETTE (WATE) - A LaFollette man received burns to his upper body as well as charges from deputies after a meth lab exploded at his mother's home.

Deputies say Randall Johnson was inside an outbuilding at his mother's home on College Hill Road when a bottle containing meth-making materials exploded. 

The chemical flash burn injured his face, neck, arms and hands. The outbuilding he was in caught on fire and damaged a large of amount of siding on his mother's mobile home. 

Johnson told investigators he was trying a new way of making the drug when the explosion happened. He said the drugs were for his own personal use.

Johnson is now facing meth and arson charges.

by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Was he taken to a hospital before they arrested him?  Obviously the man has a drug dependency problem.  I hope he gets help with his addiction, and can go on to lead a more stable and rewarding life. 

lga1965
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Ewwww! Losers!  I'm glad it blew up in his face. Losers. Nothing else to say.

jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Not all meth cookers use. The guy looks to be robust in build and his non burned skin looks healthy. If.he's a meth addict, he hasn't been for long.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Was he taken to a hospital before they arrested him?  Obviously the man has a drug dependency problem.  I hope he gets help with his addiction, and can go on to lead a more stable and rewarding life. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Meth is horrible
MissTacoBell
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:49 AM
His eyes look awful sunken in for a new user.

Quoting jllcali:

Not all meth cookers use. The guy looks to be robust in build and his non burned skin looks healthy. If.he's a meth addict, he hasn't been for long.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:51 AM

He was trying a new way to make meth... Well now we know that his new way sucked.

jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:00 AM
Plenty of people have naturally deep set eyes. the rest of his face and neck look very full

Quoting MissTacoBell:

His eyes look awful sunken in for a new user.

Quoting jllcali:

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM
I know a girl who had been on meth for almost two years and she still weighs every bit of three hundred pounds. Her face looks fine considering how long she has been on it but her arms and the rest of her body look like she has a constant allergic reaction. I didn't like her before the meth but now she's just useless.
The way to make it that he was trying is a new way that doesn't require fire or any of the equipment needed by the old way. The only container needed is a plastic bottle that can be shaken for a long time and I'm sure he was trying to figure it out by himself. Around here mobile labs are everywhere because people fill up dozens of bottles, put them in the back of a pick up and drive up and down dirt roads with potholes for awhile. One girl was caught with over a hundred two liter bottles in the bed of her truck and she was bonded out within three hours for over fifty thousand dollars.

ETA: corrected the autocorrect and added a couple of details
gsmom9
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

just seems like there are no repercussions to drug crimes. cop risks their life arresting them, and judge swats them on the hands and makes them promise to never do it again, and lets them back out into society to reoffend. vicious circle

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this

This is exactly why drug users should not be jailed.  Sitting in jail will get you physically clean, however, the emotional/psychological  dependency remains.  These people need help, not punishment. 

Quoting gsmom9:

just seems like there are no repercussions to drug crimes. cop risks their life arresting them, and judge swats them on the hands and makes them promise to never do it again, and lets them back out into society to reoffend. vicious circle

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)