Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I want to make a public apology to Candlegal, whom I cursed and called a name yesterday It was ugly of me and there is no excuse for my behavior.

I should really proofread things before I post.  I DID NOT place a curse on Candlegal, I meant to say I cursed AT her.  Again, there was no excuse for my behavior. 

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:34 AM
Replies (51-60):
jcribb16
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:30 PM

So you believe in imposing restrictions on when or how some should or should not respond to posters who are being negative?  (Just to clarify, I'm not saying that you actually said this - just making a pointed question...)

I tell you what - several will not respond to her if she will stop being so negative to posters, when they've said nothing to her in the first place.  She could have left her comment out in the first place, but chose to post it - which opens the "can of worms" to the very real possibility of responses back to her.  Certain actions have consequences...

The Golden Rule, along with CM rules, are pretty good guidelines of being kind and at least respectful to each other, right?  

Quoting Arroree:

I never stated that she was any sort of victim, i in fact clearly stated that was she said was negative and should have been ignored as such, not sure where you got victim out of that.

I was simply pointing out the simple fact that had everyone just ignored it the post would have stayed positive. Instead everyone jumped all over her single statment and started making rude hateful comments not just about her statement but about her herself, making the thread very negative.

But you go ahead and read it whatever extreme way you so obviously will, no skin off my back.

Quoting jcribb16:

So that's how you twist it around to make her the poor li'l victim!  Wow! Thanks for the daily tip!  The thing is, though, is that posters will or won't respond as they please to whatever they wish.  

Sure, she could have been ignored, but CM rules don't say "You must ignore those who make negative remarks towards others in order to not have negative remarks made back to you, and so you won't be scolded by another for being negative towards the first negative poster, who really shouldn't be blamed for turning a thread negative."  

sarcasm       going crazy      sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting Arroree:

Everyone saying that Sweetakins turned the post negative is lying to themselves. She made a single negative statement, which SHOULD have been ignored and could have easily been ignored.

The ones turning the post negative are those harping on the one negative thing she said and in turn all saying negative and hatefilled things about her to eachother.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Awww i'm just so hurt that you don't care, allow me to weep bitter tears of self recrimination in the corner...Nah. 

I don't recall saying you should care, so funny how you all seem to think that just because i point something out that i want you to "care" what i think. I was just pointing out your hypocricy because it was just so glaringly obvious i couldn't resist. But hey, thanks for the giggle.

Oh and just as a point, if you really didn't "care" you wouldn't always respond with such hate and anger, you wouldn't respond at all i'd think...

Quoting candlegal:

oh, so I am supposed to care what you think, how funny, thanks

Quoting Arroree:

Yeah cause you're just so different...

Pot meet kettle

Quoting candlegal:

You are learning, that is exactly how they do it.  Birds of a feather......

Quoting jcribb16:

So that's how you twist it around to make her the poor li'l victim!  Wow! Thanks for the daily tip!  The thing is, though, is that posters will or won't respond as they please to whatever they wish.  

Sure, she could have been ignored, but CM rules don't say "You must ignore those who make negative remarks towards others in order to not have negative remarks made back to you, and so you won't be scolded by another for being negative towards the first negative poster, who really shouldn't be blamed for turning a thread negative."  

Quoting Arroree:

Everyone saying that Sweetakins turned the post negative is lying to themselves. She made a single negative statement, which SHOULD have been ignored and could have easily been ignored.

The ones turning the post negative are those harping on the one negative thing she said and in turn all saying negative and hatefilled things about her to eachother.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Where in the world are you getting that from what i stated?

Quoting jcribb16:

So you believe in imposing restrictions on when or how some should or should not respond to posters who are being negative?  (Just to clarify, I'm not saying that you actually said this - just making a pointed question...)

I tell you what - several will not respond to her if she will stop being so negative to posters, when they've said nothing to her in the first place.  She could have left her comment out in the first place, but chose to post it - which opens the "can of worms" to the very real possibility of responses back to her.  Certain actions have consequences...

The Golden Rule, along with CM rules, are pretty good guidelines of being kind and at least respectful to each other, right?  

Quoting Arroree:

I never stated that she was any sort of victim, i in fact clearly stated that was she said was negative and should have been ignored as such, not sure where you got victim out of that.

I was simply pointing out the simple fact that had everyone just ignored it the post would have stayed positive. Instead everyone jumped all over her single statment and started making rude hateful comments not just about her statement but about her herself, making the thread very negative.

But you go ahead and read it whatever extreme way you so obviously will, no skin off my back.

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting Arroree:

jcribb16
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Please see your comments highlighted in *red, bolded, and font made larger, which implies or suggests when or not posters should respond, according to your way of thinking.  

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting Arroree:

I never stated that she was any sort of victim, i in fact clearly stated that was she said was negative and *should have been ignored as such, not sure where you got victim out of that.

*I was simply pointing out the simple fact that had everyone just ignored it the post would have stayed positive. Instead everyone jumped all over her single statment and started making rude hateful comments not just about her statement but about her herself, making the thread very negative.

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting Arroree:

Everyone saying that Sweetakins turned the post negative is lying to themselves. She made a single negative statement, *which SHOULD have been ignored and could have easily been ignored.

*The ones turning the post negative are those harping on the one negative thing she said and in turn all saying negative and hatefilled things about her to eachother.

jcribb16
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:50 PM

That's strange - I see NO hate and anger in her response.  Wow - the way people interpret things through the written word...  

You know - this is kind of fun chit-chatting with ya!  You've added some extra humor to my evening!  Thanks for that!

confused       shrugging       laughing

Quoting Arroree:

Awww i'm just so hurt that you don't care, allow me to weep bitter tears of self recrimination in the corner...Nah. 

I don't recall saying you should care, so funny how you all seem to think that just because i point something out that i want you to "care" what i think. I was just pointing out your hypocricy because it was just so glaringly obvious i couldn't resist. But hey, thanks for the giggle.

Oh and just as a point, if you really didn't "care" you wouldn't always respond with such hate and anger, you wouldn't respond at all i'd think...

Quoting candlegal:

oh, so I am supposed to care what you think, how funny, thanks

Quoting Arroree:

Yeah cause you're just so different...

Pot meet kettle

Quoting candlegal:

You are learning, that is exactly how they do it.  Birds of a feather......

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting Arroree:

HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:52 PM
2 moms liked this

This was a really nice post, until you piped off.  You just can't resist it, can you?

Quoting sweet-a-kins:

she deserves it most of the time

grandma B

tambrathegreat
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Wow, this is how this post ends?  With the same kind of snark that caused me to be in the position to apologize?

This makes me sad that once again liberals--and this affects me, since I am one-- are being demonized with a more than a little inflammatory language and all for one comment, that could have  been ignored. 

Keep on plot:  This post is an apology from me to a person I insulted, not a post to further cause division. 

kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:53 PM
Oh ffs you people can never act like mature adults,Wth is wrong with some of you?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 11:55 PM

All i was doing was pointing out that if they had truly wanted to keep it a positive thread they should have ignored what she posted. Them choosing to make multiple negative posts in response to her negative post is what in actuality turned this thread negative. 

That's just pointing out common sense, not trying to enforce any type of rules or regulations. To quote you "Wow - the way people interpret things through the written word...  "

Quoting jcribb16:

Please see your comments highlighted in *red, bolded, and font made larger, which implies or suggests when or not posters should respond, according to your way of thinking.  

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting Arroree:

I never stated that she was any sort of victim, i in fact clearly stated that was she said was negative and *should have been ignored as such, not sure where you got victim out of that.

*I was simply pointing out the simple fact that had everyone just ignored it the post would have stayed positive. Instead everyone jumped all over her single statment and started making rude hateful comments not just about her statement but about her herself, making the thread very negative.

Quoting jcribb16:

Quoting Arroree:

Everyone saying that Sweetakins turned the post negative is lying to themselves. She made a single negative statement, *which SHOULD have been ignored and could have easily been ignored.

*The ones turning the post negative are those harping on the one negative thing she said and in turn all saying negative and hatefilled things about her to eachother.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)