Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do about those tiny little ants

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:48 PM
  • 22 Replies

I have tried bleach, boric acid, boric acid mixed in jam and jelly, poisons and I can get a temporaryrelief from these remedies but they keep coming back. finding new routes?  I am frustrated to death and have been fighting them for 2 yrs.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:48 PM
Fantastic works pretty good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

Fantastic works pretty good.

Used like an insect spray down in the cracks?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I had HORRIBLE ant issues out in SoCal. I actually had to go to Lowe's and buy some heavy duty stuff with a sprayer and go around the outside of my house. I sprayed all the way around the bottom, the windows, up around the underside of the roof, around all doors and openings to the house. It never solved it 100% but it sure got rid of most of them!

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Quoting Woodbabe:

I had HORRIBLE ant issues out in SoCal. I actually had to go to Lowe's and buy some heavy duty stuff with a sprayer and go around the outside of my house. I sprayed all the way around the bottom, the windows, up around the underside of the roof, around all doors and openings to the house. It never solved it 100% but it sure got rid of most of them!

I dont like using pesticides but this is something I am considering.  I was hoping to avoid it. :(

It is still cold here dammit, I feel like I shouldnt be seeing them yet lol. 

katy_kay08
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with Woody, you probably need to start by treating them outside.  If you find ant nests close to the house treat them.  

Fantastic does work well in the house but the real trick is getting them before they get in.  

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM

My mother swears by cinnamon. I'll give her a call when I get home to get more details or maybe someone here has heard of using cinnamon also. 

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting Woodbabe:

I dont like using pesticides but this is something I am considering.  I was hoping to avoid it. :(

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I wouldnt have thought about fantastic, thank you.  Hair spray melts them ha ha but it doesnt stop them from coming round. 

I guess I will be going to lowes :(

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I forgot about that, I have used red pepper and cloves, I am sure cinnamon would be a similar deterrent but thats the thing it just detours them and they find another route.

Quoting lizzielouaf:

My mother swears by cinnamon. I'll give her a call when I get home to get more details or maybe someone here has heard of using cinnamon also. 

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting Woodbabe:

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Not sure what it is but when we had a problem with ants and used a pest control service they used a green gel and would put a small amount in all heating vents and plumbing and windows.  

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting Woodbabe:

I was gone from here for almost six weeks and returned home to find them in my bathroom. I too shall be fighting them this weekend, now in Virginia. I don't know where they're coming in yet :/  

Sexy If its unladylike, fattening or fun, I'm in!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured