Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Man yelling at little boy....

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM
  • 18 Replies

I was walking through the store parking lot when I heard a man screaming very loud... I mean loud, I thought there was a fight going on.  I looked over and he was screaming horrible things at this little kid about 7. He called him a "f**cking little p*ssy" and some other stuff I couldn't make out. Walked over to this guy and told him to stop yelling at the kid.  I said, it was too easy for grown man to yell at little boy but what about me.  He didn't even looked at me. I got in my car and called the cops on him, don't know if they found him, he drove off and I lost him after a few blocks.  The little boy looked so upset. I hope I didn't make things worse for him.  Its just so damn hard for me to see that kind of stuff and just walk away, I get angry.  Maybe the guy was just having a bad moment, IDK....

What should I have done? Did I over react?

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lga1965
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:35 PM
3 moms liked this

I think you were very brave. He was so abusive and cruel Did you give them his license number....I hope !
If reporting him does anything, it might be a wake up call for the guy and hopefully helped the little boy. It would make me want to adopt the little guy if it was possible. Nobody should do that to a little kid.
Good for you !

Elkamelka
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I have heard the best way to approach a situation like this is to extend your help.  That way, you don't end up in a bigger fight, and maybe the adult really does need a break.  I'm not excusing his behavior or his horrible name calling.  I think this approach is safer. 

onethentwins
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM

You called him out on his behaviour. He may or may not think twice next time. You did good :)

GeekMommi
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Yeah and then what if I just made him even more mad, Im gonna stress about this all day now.  Thanks for the advice

Quoting Elkamelka:

I have heard the best way to approach a situation like this is to extend your help.  That way, you don't end up in a bigger fight, and maybe the adult really does need a break.  I'm not excusing his behavior or his horrible name calling.  I think this approach is safer. 

GeekMommi
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

They have his plates, he wont be hard to spot.  I told them which direction he was headed in a great big white RV.

lga1965
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Good !

Quoting GeekMommi:

They have his plates, he wont be hard to spot.  I told them which direction he was headed in a great big white RV.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bieg9093
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
There's a dozen different right things you could have done. You picked one and did it. Doing nothing would have been a wrong one. Good job!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I think you did the right thing. Poor little boy. :(

Elkamelka
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM

I think it's always a crap shoot when we try to help.  Know you did what you thought was right.  You did a lot more than a lot of people would have done. 

Quoting GeekMommi:

Yeah and then what if I just made him even more mad, Im gonna stress about this all day now.  Thanks for the advice

Quoting Elkamelka:

“Life they say, can turn on a dime. And in a world that constantly shifts beneath our feet, the only thing we can know for certain is how we feel, the love we have, the fear we hide from, the pain we push away. Give it a voice, and the rewards are piece of mind and a peaceful heart.”
pixie92
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
i think you let the guy know he was being a jerk but the cops cant do anything unless the guy is pysically abusing the kid. I think you did what you thought was right and thats all anyone can do, plus it let the kid know others didnt agree with the way the man was actting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)