Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

This isn't really a hot topic, or current event, but after the week I've had, I need some warm fuzzies.

Ladies, what is your dream pet?

I have three: 

These are American Bison.  I love them. I want one as a pet, but I haver read they can jump ten feet fences with a flat-footed leap.  They are fierce competitors, and lovely in an Ice Age kind of way.

My next is: 

This is a velociraptor.  It, sadly is extinct, but if I could have a pet that was certain to eat me if I made a wrong move, this would be it.  They were supposedly intelligent, pack animals.

My last is:

This is Alexander Skarsgard.  For obvious reason, I want him to be my pet.  He is a desendant of Vikings and I would most certainly pet him if he lived with me.

Please add photos of pets you would like to have.  I need some soft fuzzies.

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Replies (71-76):
annabl1970
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Apr. 6, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Gerard Butler...I'd hug him and pet him and feed and make sure he got plenty of exercise every day! :)

Ziva65
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Too funny. the buffalo thing cracks m up. We've done rescue dogs a few times, and always had problems and needed to find other homes. That breaks my heart. We decided to wait till our kids were bigger to do rescue dogs again. We have a rescue macaw, oh my he is a pain (but we love im anyway).

I'm sure there is a rescue group for Bernese. Sometimes they are so big people get frustrated. I love this dog. We are o vacation right now, and I spoke with my dad who is caring or our pets at home. He said she is so sweet. Greets him, and puts her head on his lap and cries :(

Quoting tambrathegreat:

These dogs are so sweet.  I have wanted one for years.    We currently have a red heeler/lab mix, a min pin corgi thing, and a little chiweenie.  Yeah, we do rescue dogs, and two are from the pound, one is from the streets.  Maybe I'll find a BMD someday. 

Sigh  It still doesn't compare to having my own buffalo, or my own Skarsgard.

Quoting Ziva65:

I want an Alpaca. Too much work right now, but sometime. I also always wanted a Bernese Mountain dog and got one a few years ago. I adore her. She's alot like this one: 100 pounds pure play and love. She thinks she's the size of our Shitzu- that's her best buddy. Pretty funny. I love him too.

tambrathegreat
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Well, as a groomer, I get to see several at least once a month.  They are just so calm and sweet.  There's one, Annabelle, that I've told the owner she's going home in my pocket one day.  She's just so loveable and gentle.  She never complains about anything, including when I have to get tangles out, or cut her nails.

Quoting Ziva65:

Too funny. the buffalo thing cracks m up. We've done rescue dogs a few times, and always had problems and needed to find other homes. That breaks my heart. We decided to wait till our kids were bigger to do rescue dogs again. We have a rescue macaw, oh my he is a pain (but we love im anyway).

I'm sure there is a rescue group for Bernese. Sometimes they are so big people get frustrated. I love this dog. We are o vacation right now, and I spoke with my dad who is caring or our pets at home. He said she is so sweet. Greets him, and puts her head on his lap and cries :(

Quoting tambrathegreat:

These dogs are so sweet.  I have wanted one for years.    We currently have a red heeler/lab mix, a min pin corgi thing, and a little chiweenie.  Yeah, we do rescue dogs, and two are from the pound, one is from the streets.  Maybe I'll find a BMD someday. 

Sigh  It still doesn't compare to having my own buffalo, or my own Skarsgard.

Quoting Ziva65:

I want an Alpaca. Too much work right now, but sometime. I also always wanted a Bernese Mountain dog and got one a few years ago. I adore her. She's alot like this one: 100 pounds pure play and love. She thinks she's the size of our Shitzu- that's her best buddy. Pretty funny. I love him too.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:44 PM

We had a neighbor growing up that had bison - They are awsome, They are wild animals but will eat out of your hand - yes the jumping 10 foot fence thing is true, I've seen it. Of course he more or less destroyed the fence. They had a baby bison that would follow me around like a puppy, he was my bud. unfortunately they raised them for the same reason people raise cattle - you guessed it.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

OH my dream pets are the ones I have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)