Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

morning after pill for young girls, Why?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:46 PM
  • 186 Replies

On the news it said that young girls can now get the morning after pill.  Do you agree or disagree with this and if it was your 11 year old daughter how would you feel about her not only being able to get the pill but that for goodness sakes she is only 11 and having sex.  Good grief, what is this world coming to?

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:52 PM
1 mom liked this

This is just disgusting. This is one thing I agree with Obama on.

katy_kay08
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:54 PM
21 moms liked this

I would want my 11 y/o daughter (if I had one) to have access to plan B if she was having sex.  I would like to imagine we would have the type of relationship where my imaginary daughter wouldn't need it but if I didn't have that type of relationship with my imaginary daughter than I would want her to have the means to prevent pregancy.  I would rather my 11 y/o take plan B than have to schedule her for an abortion.  

TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:55 PM
7 moms liked this

I disagree. It's a drug, there can always be side effects or life threatening complications from it. If they have an allergic reaction to it, no one will know what is going on because it's all a big secret! Unless the kid comes clean about it... I just think it is dangerous. 

bless4more
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:58 PM
4 moms liked this

So you would have no problem with your eleven year old daughter having sex?  that is just nasty

Tag3.0
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Quoting TheLadyAmalthea:

I disagree. It's a drug, there can always be side effects or life threatening complications from it. If they have an allergic reaction to it, no one will know what is going on because it's all a big secret! Unless the kid comes clean about it... I just think it is dangerous. 

Then the parent needs to step up an educate their child. Treat it as a "in case shit happens" scenario. Sit them down and explain the side effects. I dont want my daughter using that mess either but if she needs it, I want her to at least tell me about it.

Tag3.0
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:00 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting bless4more:

So you would have no problem with your eleven year old daughter having sex?  that is just nasty

They are having sex earlier than that these days. It may be nasty, but it is a reality. You cannot be everywhere they are. Because of that parents need to make sure they teach their children to be responsible.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:01 PM
8 moms liked this

Sigh I don't think any one said they would have no problem with their 11 year old daughter having sex.

Quoting bless4more:

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:05 PM
1 mom liked this
This exactly.

Quoting katy_kay08:

I would want my 11 y/o daughter (if I had one) to have access to plan B if she was having sex.  I would like to imagine we would have the type of relationship where my imaginary daughter wouldn't need it but if I didn't have that type of relationship with my imaginary daughter than I would want her to have the means to prevent pregancy.  I would rather my 11 y/o take plan B than have to schedule her for an abortion.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
katy_kay08
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:05 PM
4 moms liked this

can you show me where anyone said they wouldn't have a problem with their daughter having sex?  

Quoting bless4more:

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 7:09 PM
5 moms liked this
I would have an issue with my 11 year old having sex. But I do hope that when my child decides to have sex I am the kind of mom that can hold a conversation. My concern is the 11 year old who might get beaten for getting knocked up or having sex to begin with. Its a stupid and shitty choice, but there are some shitty and crazy parents out there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN