Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Let me make this perfectly clear

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:35 PM
  • 257 Replies
3 moms liked this

The NT never condemns homosexuality. Let's break it down by the verses usually used to condemn homosexuality (but first I want to mention that the word for male on male sex, which would translate to homosexuality, is NEVER used):

• 1 Corinthians 6:9-10

"Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." NIV

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God." NKJV

"Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God." ASV

"have ye not known that the unrighteous the reign of God shall not inherit? be not led astray; neither whoremongers, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, the reign of God shall inherit." YLT

So it is not clear that homosexuality is condemned. It is clear that some don't know how to translate. Effeminate nor sodomite mean homosexual individual. The closest is sodomite but a sodomite would engage in ritual homosexuality. Ritual homosexuality would not be a consenting, loving relationship.

• Romans 1:26-27

"Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error." NIV

I am only going to use one version for this. This is because the issue here is CONTEXT!! Remember you are supposed to read text based upon when it was writte. This is a letter to the church of Rome from Paul. You have to remember this. This church had been having a problem with Pagan sex rituals which were basically big orgys. This is what Paul was condemning.

• 1 Timothy 1:8-10

"We know that the law is good if one uses it properly. We also know that the law is made not for the righteousbut for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for the sexually immoral, for those practicing homosexuality, for slave traders and liars and perjurers—and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine" NIV

"But we know that the lawis good if one uses it lawfully, knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but forthe lawless and insubordinate, for theungodly and for sinners, forthe unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine," NKJV

"and we have known that the law [is] good, if any one may use it lawfully; having known this, that for a righteous man law is not set, but for lawless and insubordinate persons, ungodly and sinners, impious and profane, parricides and matricides, men-slayers, whoremongers, sodomites, men-stealers, liars, perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that to sound doctrine is adverse," YLT

Once again, people are mistranslating. However, these are Paul's words. What did Jesus say?

"For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others—and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it.”" NIV

"For there are eunuchs who were born thus fromtheir mother’s womb, and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven’s sake. He who is able to accept it,let him accept it.”" NKJV

"For there are eunuchs, that were so born from their mother's womb: and there are eunuchs, that were made eunuchs by men: and there are eunuchs, that made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it." ASV

"for there are eunuchs who from the mother's womb were so born; and there are eunuchs who were made eunuchs by men; and there are eunuchs who kept themselves eunuchs because of the reign of the heavens: he who is able to receive [it] -- let him receive.'" YLT

Now at this point in time there was no knowledge of sexual orientation. Actually the first definition of heterosexuality was to have sex for procreation and homosexuality mean to have sex for pleasure/fun. Before the 19th century (I think that is right, it was around there) that is how sex was viewed: for procreation or for fun. So those who did not have the desire to procreate were seen as odd or different or even possibly as eunuchs. Yet Jesus himself states that this is natural and ok.

Finally, the American government was NOT founded on Judeo-Christian values. We were founded on religious freedom. The founding fathers purposefully left religion out of the creation of the nation.

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel06.html

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:35 PM
3 moms liked this

Again?  Don't you have any other place to go to validate yourself?  Whew, person, this IS your only topic of discussion, isn't it?

My goodness. 

Iconoclast
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:39 PM
12 moms liked this
Quoting toomanypoodles:

Again?  Don't you have any other place to go to validate yourself?  Whew, person, this IS your only topic of discussion, isn't it?

My goodness. 

You don't really get to talk when there are only two specific topic you dwell on.

"Religion is nothing more than a political party organized around some guy's moral views."

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:41 PM

Quoting Iconoclast:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

My goodness. 

You don't really get to talk when there are only two specific topic you dwell on.

Just two?  lol

Well I just posted something about cameras in the classrooms for special needs kids...is that one of my two topics? 

You sure don't know me very well... Ang.  ;)

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:45 PM
6 moms liked this
There is nothing for me to validate because I am not homosexual. As for this being the only thing I post about, the same could be said of you. Nevertheless, I do post more but your head is so far up your ass that you don't notice. However thanks for proving that you have no argument against the truth.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

My goodness. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Iconoclast
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:52 PM
6 moms liked this
Quoting toomanypoodles:

Don't worry not trying to get to know you so thats why you see no effort on my part. In your other post it was noted you are a one note wonder. Don't get butt hurt because someone is able to debunk your spiel. If OP was posting in agreement with your beliefs you would not be here questioning her voicing her opinion. Wait a minute wasn't that what you were babbling about in your post respecting views that don't jive with other peoples views. Wow so much for being able to take your own advice.

"Religion is nothing more than a political party organized around some guy's moral views."

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok, I'm going to ask you a question(s)..none of it is meant to be snarky. From what I've read, you are transgendered, correct? You feel like a male and your spouse is anatomically male but feels as though he's a woman, right? If you two were to split up, would you date a woman or a man?

Quoting purpleducky:

There is nothing for me to validate because I am not homosexual. As for this being the only thing I post about, the same could be said of you. Nevertheless, I do post more but your head is so far up your ass that you don't notice. However thanks for proving that you have no argument against the truth.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

My goodness. 

mommysangelface
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Damn ducky!

Lol

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

My goodness. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sidneyb
by Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't read it bit I'm all for equality
jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:49 AM
6 moms liked this

Ohhhh I didn't realize you were the only person allowed to post threads about this topic.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

My goodness. 

coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:54 AM
6 moms liked this
Hello Pot!

Quoting toomanypoodles:

My goodness. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured