Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Baby's first tooth

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:20 AM
  • 13 Replies
I posted this in 2 other forums but I just want to make sure I get as much feedback as I can. Okay so I am a little freaked out... My almost 5 month old has started cutting a tooth. At first I thought it was a normal incisor bc I could feel a sharp hard place in her gum on the bottom left side. I haven't been paying attention on where my finger has been that she's been chewing on until tonight. And I freaked. My husbands aunt who has a child also saw it and said it is definitely a tooth but get this, it's her lower left CANINE. Wth?! Is this normal? Do I need to call her doctor? I'm kind of beside myself on this one so ladies if you have heard of this before please let me know.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Annettey19
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Any tooth can come through first. I think you're overreacting just a little. :)

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:27 AM

You are over reacting drink a glass of wine and calm down!

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM
It's a tooth.

They come in whenever and wherever they want.

She's not a Vampire... It's okay. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mylittlelovely
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:31 AM
I apologize if I am overreacting. I'm a first time mom and have always been told the middle incisors come in first. Anyone I personally know, their babies middle incisors came in first. I just want to make sure that everything is okay and that she doesn't need to be checked out for it. I just want to make sure she is as comfortable as possible as any parent would want for their child. That I don't need to do anything different. In a way it's like seeing something on your child's body that is rare or unheard of and you don't know what's going on so you check it out right? That's what I'm doing here. I'm not as panicked as my post makes me sound but its been a crazy day bc she choked earlier so I guess I am just on the guard...
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Yup. My oldest got his bottom front right tooth first and then the left front a canine at the same time.

Second child got her top two teeth first.

Third child first tooth was getting her FOUR bottom teeth all at once !

Quoting Annettey19:

Any tooth can come through first. I think you're overreacting just a little. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Annettey19
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:36 AM

I understand. My son's teeth have come in exactly by the book, but some babies are even born with teeth! Your little one will be okay. I hope you have a better rest of the day.

Quoting Mylittlelovely:

I apologize if I am overreacting. I'm a first time mom and have always been told the middle incisors come in first. Anyone I personally know, their babies middle incisors came in first. I just want to make sure that everything is okay and that she doesn't need to be checked out for it. I just want to make sure she is as comfortable as possible as any parent would want for their child. That I don't need to do anything different. In a way it's like seeing something on your child's body that is rare or unheard of and you don't know what's going on so you check it out right? That's what I'm doing here. I'm not as panicked as my post makes me sound but its been a crazy day bc she choked earlier so I guess I am just on the guard...

Mylittlelovely
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Thank you I'm sorry I sounded so panicked her top front tooth is also starting to push through. I just wanted to make sure everything was okay.

Quoting Annettey19:

I understand. My son's teeth have come in exactly by the book, but some babies are even born with teeth! Your little one will be okay. I hope you have a better rest of the day.

Quoting Mylittlelovely:

glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Hunny it is obvious you are a first time mom. It is okay over reacting is common, and no one is downing you for it. Just letting you know it is okay and to chill.

Quoting Mylittlelovely:

Mylittlelovely
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Lol I wasn't saying she was a vampire! Haha. Just never heard of this before...

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

It's a tooth.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 6, 2013 at 12:50 AM
I know :-)

Just trying to make you smile.
With my oldest daughter I had never heard of "peekaboo teeth"... Where a baby's teeth pop through then go back down again and again. Her first two teeth did this. So odd.

Quoting Mylittlelovely:

Lol I wasn't saying she was a vampire! Haha. Just never heard of this before...

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

It's a tooth.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN