Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Would it scare you, if someone else knew everything you dreamed about?

Posted by   + Show Post

Would it scare you, if someone else knew everything you dreamed about?

Scientists are developing a method of reading the minds of sleeping people.

It is early days, but it can already tell with 60% accuracy, using a brain scanner, which category of object (eg "trees", "structures like houses", etc) featured in the dream.

MORE INFO

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:33 AM
Replies (21-30):
pinkfairy0206
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Yyyyeeesss!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
robsgurl_23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM

I don't care since I can't help what I dream about...=) Some dreams I would rather keep to myself tho.

caito
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't think so. My dreams (when I remember them) are pretty freaking epic. The other night I traveled with the Doctor, and another night I fought vampires. Sweeeeet

LadySaphira
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:10 AM

I nevr remember my dreams so I would like to know what they are about but I am not sure if I would want anyone else to know LOL

mickstinator
I heard about this on npr yesterday. I had the same question. Honestly, I can barely ever remember my dreams so I am not sure what to be afraid of. I think curiosity would win for me.
bad_mama2011

If they were just going around reading people's dreams without their consent, yes, but I don't think they can do that. They're just dreams anyway, just a bunch of seemingly random images.

vetNmommy

Would not bother me! Hubby thinks I was part of the mafia at some point, then turned spy. Lol. (because of my dreams) I would love to get another persons opinion. Lol

livelaughlov26
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM
I have a lot of sex dreams so it would be awkward
WinterRosesmom
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:14 AM
Not scary but no thanks i wouldn't participate
Fazed
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I think it's interesting how people think there is so much meaning within a dream. It isn't a window into your subconscious. Your brain doesn't just magically shut off when you sleep. It is still working, and it pulls memories out of files to create these dreams. Obviously the more creative of a mind you have the more bizarre the dream will be, or complex.

No one can actually know what you are worrying about via your dreams. You can say all you want that teeth falling out means you are stressed, all you want... but there is no proof to it. It's just fun to think about and usually makes people feel better about having the dream.

So really, being scared of something so silly, is well... silly.

Quoting romalove:

I think it's interesting the people who think their dreams are meaningless or silly and therefore they don't care.

Aside from the fact that this is a window on your subconscious, you don't know how much you are dreaming that you are not remembering, and how not silly and telling those things may be.

I would not be OK with others interpreting my brain waves to decide what I am dreaming/thinking/worrying about without my conscious say-so.

The entire idea is scary to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)