Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Would it scare you, if someone else knew everything you dreamed about?

Posted by   + Show Post

Would it scare you, if someone else knew everything you dreamed about?

Scientists are developing a method of reading the minds of sleeping people.

It is early days, but it can already tell with 60% accuracy, using a brain scanner, which category of object (eg "trees", "structures like houses", etc) featured in the dream.

MORE INFO

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:33 AM
Replies (171-175):
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I could see where this could be useful in the medical field, but no, I personally wouldn't want someone knowing everything I dreamed. 

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Scared, nah. If they were controllingmy dreams, that would be creepy.

Could be interesting. I think they would find mine boring, at least the ones I remember.

When I used to use music as a alarm my dreams would randomly break out into parties with music. I'd just slleep through my alarm dancing the morning away :)

xxshelbyxxx
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:36 AM
No I didn't read your earlier post but I'd like to ! Plz! :)

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting xxshelbyxxx:

Quoting momtoscott:

If they want to spend the time being chased by people with knives and getting lost on the way to exams, they are welcome to a peek inside my dreams.  Although I also have dreams that are narrated and where I am multiple characters, I wonder how those would look using this approach.   

Me too! I have he most lucid dreams where I'm like.. The omnipotent
person watching everything happen, including to myself.. Like I'm a
spirit wayching. I'd LOVE to see how this worked! Would it tell me what
my dreams meant !?

There's some evidence that dreams can incorporate external cues.   A bedside alarm is going off, and in your dream you incorporate it as a siren or a fire alarm.

What if they made a dream machine, that used scents, sounds even subtle touches as cues that could be used to guide you towards certain dreams, or shape dreams once they started?   Using feedback and a neural network, until it could perfectly learn the cues needed to get you to dream that one fantastic dream about Brad Pitt in a construction worker costume that you sometimes had and would love to have more often?

As to what dreams 'mean', did you see my earlier post part way through this thread, about what science knows about dreaming?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momtimesx4
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM

nahhh. most people just put everything they dream about on Facebook anyway.

tracy211
by on Apr. 14, 2013 at 12:06 AM
I wouldn't want anyone seeing my dreams. I have some really F*ed up dreams!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)