Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would it scare you, if someone else knew everything you dreamed about?

Posted by   + Show Post

Would it scare you, if someone else knew everything you dreamed about?

Scientists are developing a method of reading the minds of sleeping people.

It is early days, but it can already tell with 60% accuracy, using a brain scanner, which category of object (eg "trees", "structures like houses", etc) featured in the dream.

MORE INFO

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:33 AM
Replies (31-40):
survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:28 AM

There are people who do not need to know my dreams, outside of that I would not be afraid of others knowing but I am leary of the technology and how it could morph.

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:32 AM
That a little weird but as long as it wasn't some random person I didn't kno I wouldn't really mind
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
the3Rs
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:44 AM

That would NOT be cool on an 'everyday' basis.  But, I have some NASTY nightmares, and if them "reading" my nightmares could help provide clarity and thereby ELIMINATE those nightmares?  I'd like that.

Donna6503
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:50 AM
Lol mine are more like the Twilight Zone than King; but, I know what you mean ;)

Quoting crazytexan:

That's that I was about to post. Been having Stephen King type nightmares for as long as I can remember.

Quoting Donna6503:

It would probably scare them more than me. (I'm use to em now)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mandallyn
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I think it's awesome. Hell yeah I'd let them read my dreams! I want to know what's going on in there too! Lol
TheDoctorsWife
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I have some strange dreams and they're no ones business
jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I have very vivid and often weird dreams.  Good luck to anybody that wants to figure out that hot mess.

Donna6503
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM
Yeah, sometimes nasty dreams are embarrassing enough without anyone knowing em.

Quoting the3Rs:

That would NOT be cool on an 'everyday' basis.  But, I have some NASTY nightmares, and if them "reading" my nightmares could help provide clarity and thereby ELIMINATE those nightmares?  I'd like that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
romalove
by Roma on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM
I will continue to keep my subconscious private, thank you very much lol.

Quoting Fazed:

I think it's interesting how people think there is so much meaning within a dream. It isn't a window into your subconscious. Your brain doesn't just magically shut off when you sleep. It is still working, and it pulls memories out of files to create these dreams. Obviously the more creative of a mind you have the more bizarre the dream will be, or complex.

No one can actually know what you are worrying about via your dreams. You can say all you want that teeth falling out means you are stressed, all you want... but there is no proof to it. It's just fun to think about and usually makes people feel better about having the dream.

So really, being scared of something so silly, is well... silly.

Quoting romalove:

I think it's interesting the people who think their dreams are meaningless or silly and therefore they don't care.

Aside from the fact that this is a window on your subconscious, you don't know how much you are dreaming that you are not remembering, and how not silly and telling those things may be.

I would not be OK with others interpreting my brain waves to decide what I am dreaming/thinking/worrying about without my conscious say-so.

The entire idea is scary to me.

RinMinami
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM
oh i always wanter machine fpr record my dreams
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured