Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

U.S. solution to the North Korean issue

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:43 PM
  • 8 Replies

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bless4more
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:45 PM

You tube madtv and go to tank and man does he look like the nk leaderlaughing

MissTacoBell
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Rotfl
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:56 PM

ahhh if only it was that easy! LMAO

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Lmaoo omg.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Cute.

On a serious not, (well to me), our 6 year old is having a problem with this information.  Apparently, our 10 year old told him we were about to be `nuked' after misunderstand  the newspaper on Thursday morning. First I was a bit irritated with my older boy, but I understand he does not have the maturity to  decipher the complexity of the situation, nor the difference between a reasonable threat to the country.  Anyway...the younger one keeps asking me if we are going to die.  I did my best to explain to him that he is safe and I would tell him if he or we are in danger.  I also assured him that the US is doing their very best to protect us from mean people because that is their job. 

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Thankfully my 5 year old hasn't really had many questions. I'm still trying to come up with a response for when he does come to me.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Cute.

On a serious not, (well to me), our 6 year old is having a problem with this information.  Apparently, our 10 year old told him we were about to be `nuked' after misunderstand  the newspaper on Thursday morning. First I was a bit irritated with my older boy, but I understand he does not have the maturity to  decipher the complexity of the situation, nor the difference between a reasonable threat to the country.  Anyway...the younger one keeps asking me if we are going to die.  I did my best to explain to him that he is safe and I would tell him if he or we are in danger.  I also assured him that the US is doing their very best to protect us from mean people because that is their job. 

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:21 PM

That's good.  It's difficult, though.  Back in 2000 I had to explain 9/11 to our children and DH and me were not prepared for such a discussion because we were not sure what to think about it at first.  Where was this going?  All I can say is never lie to the child or dismiss their fear.  Explaining in basic, simple terms seems to help best.  They usually come back with more questions, but reassuring them is what they really want/need to hear. 

Quoting Dee0886:

Thankfully my 5 year old hasn't really had many questions. I'm still trying to come up with a response for when he does come to me.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Cute.

jaxTheMomm
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 4:25 PM

LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)