Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I never thought this could be possible for a SAHM...

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 0 Replies

Hey all you cool mamas out there! I am extremely excited to share this with you. I never thought it would be possible for me to be where I am today....  but now it's really happening! :D

So I'm a stay at home mom of two awesome little girls, one of whom has special needs, and I'm also a musician and visual artist. I had my first child when I was 20 and it has been quite a challenge balancing my time between my family and my art. After I had my second child, fans began asking me to for a new full-length original album, but with only about one hour a day to work (and sometimes not even that much), I thought that would just be impossible to achieve. I almost gave up on my dreams altogether. :(

But then, I had a crazy idea: I made a video shout-out to all of the amazing and talented musicians I've met from youtube and elsewhere on the web over the years and asked them to work with me to create the album- and they did! 40 people signed up and for the last almost 2 years I've been collaborating entirely online with musicians from 7 different countries, and now..... The new album, called "IF", is almost finished! Wooohoooo!!!!!! I am so happy now that I refused to give up on myself and my dreams, and instead found a creative way to make it happen- and in the process, I even got to build & strengthen connections with a lot of really amazing people whom I deeply respect and admire!

THIS IS MY HAPPY DANCE! <3 <3 <3

So anyway, two days ago, on my grandmother's birthday, I finally launched my crowdfunding campaign to get CDs made... I was still pretty nervous about it TBH and totally unsure if we would reach our goal and wondering if maybe I had just worked for free for two years for nothing......hahahahahahaha.... (that's nervous laughter :/)  

But... I cant believe it: less than 72 hours in we had already reached over 50% of our goal! I am completely in awe. I cannot believe how much support I never knew I had - from people I've never even met in places I've never even been to, whom I've somehow managed to connect with through music- and entirely over the internet, no less!?! It is so incredibly humbling and inspiring to see how enthusiastically people are standing up and supporting me in realizing this dream. Just Wow. I have this totally overwhelming feeling of gratitude right now. I just never thought that this could be possible... not for me anyway..... not for a stay at home mom. Somebody pinch me, quick!! My faith in humanity is restored a hundred fold! HAHAHAHAHAHA (this one is exuberant laughter! :D)(Plus I had the first good cry I've had in years.)

Anyway, I'm telling you all this just to say: Don't give up on your dreams, Mama! Whatever they are, even if you have only one hour a day, you can make it happen! It's hard work, I'm not going to lie to you, but if you are willing to make time to do it YOU CAN SUCCEED! I believe in you! You might have to get creative, or try something new or a little bit crazy or unconventional (try innovative!), but if you set a goal and chip away at it even just one hour at a time, I really believe that you can achieve your dreams! And I bet you have even more support than you know right now....I did. :)

So tell me, what is your big dream?? I want to meet you and hear what you are passionate about!! :)

Much love to you ladies!

<3 Jessica Haeckel

PS. I had a video here to back it up but then I took it down. sorry. :/

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)