Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

A friend of mine posted this on her page.

If you do not support marriage equality, and you currently patronize any of these products/stores/sites...would you stop immediately upon finding out that they do support same sex marriage?

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Replies (201-206):
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Quoting purpleducky:

And yet it wasn't a liberal that said it. But that is like you to not fact check.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting purpleducky:

I have no desire to win you over. And to me, you are scum. You have been since you posted that disgusting rape meme and then defended it. I never pick on anyone, but I made an exception for you and those who liked that meme.

Whatever.  Why not leave me alone then and quit responding to me. 

And yes, I still stand behind my posting of that meme because it was not making a joke about rape it was making a statement about the stupidity of liberal thinking that peeing on your rapist would save you.

I'll take a glock over urine.

You're back.

So what WHO said it, it is stupid and laughable.  The idea that pee will stop a rape is just asinine.  The anti-gun folks will not win that one.  lol

pansyprincess
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:48 AM
So you are saying that you are fine with cousins, gays, siblings and groups getting married? Me too. But TODAY, heterosexuals are only allowed to marry non-related individuals. Not groups, not siblings. Some places do allow cousins to marry today. Gay people are asking for the same rights. Not adding additional ones, not taking siblings and groups and everyone else that may want equality along with them. Just the same rights that are available to heterosexuals today. Smart people get it. So the others are either dumb or purposefully being obtuse ... and I have no problem saying it. If that breaks TOS, please feel free to report me. :)
Quoting talia-mom:

Or maybe people can follow the TOS and not name call because someone doesn't care if gays, straights, cousins, siblings, and groups of 3 or more want to have legally recognized unions.

But that is beyond some people.

Quoting pansyprincess:

So how come brothers and sisters don't get married now?  Men are allowed to marry women and have been for pretty much always.  So why doesn't that slippery slope include a brother marrying a sister?  It must not be so much of a slope, huh?  Or maybe it's just not that slippery?  Or maybe people who aren't idiots can understand that two consenting non-related adults should be able to marry? 

Quoting talia-mom:

You are playing the slippery slope dear.

We are only discussing consenting adults.   Why do you bring children and animals into the discussion?  Why should the uncomfortableness with two brothers or 3 women and 1 man being legally married be such a problem?   Are you a prejudiced?

Quoting lizzielouaf:

You're all clearly correct. It certainly is a reasonable leap of logic to say two consenting adults will now be applicable to incest, beastiality, fetishism, pedophilia and any other extreme end of the continuum.

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I bluntly stated I was.  I don't care who has a government recognition of their private life.

I don't care what people do until I have to pay for it or they violate another person.

Quoting pansyprincess:

So you are saying that you are fine with cousins, gays, siblings and groups getting married? Me too. But TODAY, heterosexuals are only allowed to marry non-related individuals. Not groups, not siblings. Some places do allow cousins to marry today. Gay people are asking for the same rights. Not adding additional ones, not taking siblings and groups and everyone else that may want equality along with them. Just the same rights that are available to heterosexuals today. Smart people get it. So the others are either dumb or purposefully being obtuse ... and I have no problem saying it. If that breaks TOS, please feel free to report me. :)
Quoting talia-mom:

Or maybe people can follow the TOS and not name call because someone doesn't care if gays, straights, cousins, siblings, and groups of 3 or more want to have legally recognized unions.

Quoting pansyprincess:

So how come brothers and sisters don't get married now?  Men are allowed to marry women and have been for pretty much always.  So why doesn't that slippery slope include a brother marrying a sister?  It must not be so much of a slope, huh?  Or maybe it's just not that slippery?  Or maybe people who aren't idiots can understand that two consenting non-related adults should be able to marry? 

Quoting talia-mom:

We are only discussing consenting adults.   Why do you bring children and animals into the discussion?  Why should the uncomfortableness with two brothers or 3 women and 1 man being legally married be such a problem?   Are you a prejudiced?

Quoting lizzielouaf:

You're all clearly correct. It certainly is a reasonable leap of logic to say two consenting adults will now be applicable to incest, beastiality, fetishism, pedophilia and any other extreme end of the continuum.

pansyprincess
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I thought your "apology" was complete BS when you posted it. Thanks for telling me I was right. Only a republican would joke about rape to prove a point about guns (since you want to lump all us liberals into the peeing on a rapist comment, I figure I can do the same with repugs) You are a sick and disturbed individual.
Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting purpleducky:

I have no desire to win you over. And to me, you are scum. You have been since you posted that disgusting rape meme and then defended it. I never pick on anyone, but I made an exception for you and those who liked that meme.

Whatever.  Why not leave me alone then and quit responding to me. 

And yes, I still stand behind my posting of that meme because it was not making a joke about rape it was making a statement about the stupidity of liberal thinking that peeing on your rapist would save you.

I'll take a glock over urine.

pansyprincess
by Silver Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Well then, it looks like we are on the same page. Glad that you are a GLBT ally.
Quoting talia-mom:

I bluntly stated I was.  I don't care who has a government recognition of their private life.

I don't care what people do until I have to pay for it or they violate another person.

Quoting pansyprincess:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting pansyprincess:

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

kaylamom2004
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:37 AM

And there are NUMEROUS ones not on that list.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)