Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

A friend of mine posted this on her page.

If you do not support marriage equality, and you currently patronize any of these products/stores/sites...would you stop immediately upon finding out that they do support same sex marriage?

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Replies (191-200):
Koltie6
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:48 PM
These companies must be politically correct to avoid controversy . It's sooo much easier to go along with the crowd than to stand up for what's right.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amylovesnick07
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Are you freakin serious??? Are you really comparing some sex marriage to incest???

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

So would it be acceptable if two brothers married each other or two sisters?

Redskinsmom
by New Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I am deeply saddened by this post. All people should be treated equally. Homosexuality is not a choice, you are born that way. Remember "straight" people made gay people!!

pixie92
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:48 PM
when you ever meet a sibling that wants to marry their sibling that hasnt been put there by emotional, sexual or physical abuse let me know. Until then its not a blanket statement it is truth because all relationships like that have been there because of one of the forms of abuse unless they were adopted or half siblings that didnt grow up together.

Quoting talia-mom:

And what if there is no abuse?

A blanket reason like that is not an excuse to say it shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Quoting pixie92:

umm the fact that its usually a relationship due to the abuse the older one has done to the younger one. In family relationships like what you are bringing up usually starts as abuse when the children are younger and they feel traped, stuck and are usually to fearful to ask for help or get away. Same with fathers and daughter, mothers and sons, and sisters.

Quoting talia-mom:

And what non religious reason is there to prevent two brothers from marrying?

Quoting purpleducky:

And what non-religious reason is there to forbid two men from marrying each other?

Quoting talia-mom:

And yet when people say it isn't okay for two men to marry each other....

Quoting thecoffeefairy:

Exactly what sense does this make? Is it ok for a brother and sister to marry? No? Well there's your answer.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

So would it be acceptable if two brothers married each other or two sisters?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Wow. Congratulations on being hateful bigots. Not just purposefully deliberately ignorant bigots. I have to say I am let down, poodles. I thought better of you. Now I know better. Shame on you both. 

Nothing further from me, to either of you.

Hateful bigot?  Are you really gonna go there with me?  I thought better of you than to pull that line, goodw. 

Just saying, if the country goes for true marriage equality then wouldn't ANY union be acceptable? 

You know I am tolerant and all for the same rights for gays. 

Consenting adults in a union is not the same as animals and people in unions.

and the part in red is a lie. You are not for the same rights for gays. You want gays to have civil unions while heterosexual couples have marriages. Separate but equal is not equal.

There you fo with that lie thing again.  Why do you even bother to respond to me if you've got your mind made up in regards to me? 

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

Wow. Congratulations on being hateful bigots. Not just purposefully deliberately ignorant bigots. I have to say I am let down, poodles. I thought better of you. Now I know better. Shame on you both. 

Hateful bigot?  Are you really gonna go there with me?  I thought better of you than to pull that line, goodw. 

Just saying, if the country goes for true marriage equality then wouldn't ANY union be acceptable? 

and the part in red is a lie. You are not for the same rights for gays. You want gays to have civil unions while heterosexual couples have marriages. Separate but equal is not equal.

There you fo with that lie thing again.  Why do you even bother to respond to me if you've got your mind made up in regards to me? 

Because I like picking on you.

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

I've noticed. ;)

Ducky, I hate arguing with you---I have found you to be a nice person, I enjoy sharing words with you, but when you get nasty, call me a liar and scum, it's no good. Stop calling me names---I've never slurred you. Let's agree to disagree and be kind to each other ok?

Ya know, you're more apt to win people over if you use sugar, but when you hit them with venom they shy away from you.

I have come to be a whole lot more open and have changed some of my views because of the thoughtful arguments from gay ladies here on CM. I used to be against gay foster care and adoption, and I have come around to believing civil unions are the right thing to do too---I did not used to be as tolerant...so back off on your vinegar, state your case with kindness instead of name calling and nastiness.

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting purpleducky:

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting Goodwoman614:

I've noticed. ;)

Ducky, I hate arguing with you---I have found you to be a nice person, I enjoy sharing words with you, but when you get nasty, call me a liar and scum, it's no good. Stop calling me names---I've never slurred you. Let's agree to disagree and be kind to each other ok?

Ya know, you're more apt to win people over if you use sugar, but when you hit them with venom they shy away from you.

I have come to be a whole lot more open and have changed some of my views because of the thoughtful arguments from gay ladies here on CM. I used to be against gay foster care and adoption, and I have come around to believing civil unions are the right thing to do too---I did not used to be as tolerant...so back off on your vinegar, state your case with kindness instead of name calling and nastiness.

I have no desire to win you over. And to me, you are scum. You have been since you posted that disgusting rape meme and then defended it. I never pick on anyone, but I made an exception for you and those who liked that meme.

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Quoting purpleducky:

I have no desire to win you over. And to me, you are scum. You have been since you posted that disgusting rape meme and then defended it. I never pick on anyone, but I made an exception for you and those who liked that meme.

Whatever.  Why not leave me alone then and quit responding to me. 

And yes, I still stand behind my posting of that meme because it was not making a joke about rape it was making a statement about the stupidity of liberal thinking that peeing on your rapist would save you.

I'll take a glock over urine.

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:56 PM
And yet it wasn't a liberal that said it. But that is like you to not fact check.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

Quoting purpleducky:

Whatever.  Why not leave me alone then and quit responding to me. 

And yes, I still stand behind my posting of that meme because it was not making a joke about rape it was making a statement about the stupidity of liberal thinking that peeing on your rapist would save you.

I'll take a glock over urine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN