Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did anyone else catch that it is National No-Housework day?

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 32 Replies

If someone else posted this, sorry I missed it.  I am posting between doing...you guessed it...housework.

Now this is something I can really support!  :D

by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:51 PM
3 moms liked this

Every Sunday is that here. Lol I am totally on board! 

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:52 PM

too bad for me because Sunday is pretty much the only day I can actually clean my house

TugBoatMama
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol and to think I was going to dedicate most of today to house work. Turns out I actually have an excuse today :)

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Blech, me too.  I find that cleaning every day is still not enough...on Sundays I have piles of laundry, floor scrubbing, bathroom and kitchen scrubbing all to do.  I don't know how a bathroom I cleaned spotless 7 days ago is now such a horror show.  :(  It's those disgusting children...how they manage to get toothpaste over every square inch of my bathroom is amazing to me.

I usually split it between Sat and Sun but yesterday I went to the mall all day with my girls.  Very enjoyable but not conducive to a relaxing Sunday.  If I don't get at least 4 or 5 loads of laundry done and in drawers today, next week will be a nightmare every morning getting dressed.  Ugh

Not to mention towels and bedding.  Actually I have more like 6 loads.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

too bad for me because Sunday is pretty much the only day I can actually clean my house

momtoscott
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Oh, it is?  Hooray!  I was just about to clean the kitchen, but I will put it off for 24 hours.  Because I don't want to be part of whatever "War on..." Bill Reily would call my ignoring this.  

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Quoting stacymomof2:

Blech, me too.  I find that cleaning every day is still not enough...on Sundays I have piles of laundry, floor scrubbing, bathroom and kitchen scrubbing all to do.  I don't know how a bathroom I cleaned spotless 7 days ago is now such a horror show.  :(  It's those disgusting children...how they manage to get toothpaste over every square inch of my bathroom is amazing to me.

I usually split it between Sat and Sun but yesterday I went to the mall all day with my girls.  Very enjoyable but not conducive to a relaxing Sunday.  If I don't get at least 4 or 5 loads of laundry done and in drawers today, next week will be a nightmare every morning getting dressed.  Ugh

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I do spot cleaning during the week now that I'm back at work. I find it easier to do towels and sheets on weekdays because it's easy to wash and fold.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Oh, I am much too lazy to do laundry during the week.  lol

But really between picking kids up from daycare and then the whole homework/supper/clean up/bedtime extravaganza, by the time I have a second to do laundry I just want to sit my butt down on CM and relax.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I do spot cleaning during the week now that I'm back at work. I find it easier to do towels and sheets on weekdays because it's easy to wash and fold.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:12 PM

The war on the war on housework?  lol

Quoting momtoscott:

Oh, it is?  Hooray!  I was just about to clean the kitchen, but I will put it off for 24 hours.  Because I don't want to be part of whatever "War on..." Bill Reily would call my ignoring this.  

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Quoting stacymomof2:

But really between picking kids up from daycare and then the whole homework/supper/clean up/bedtime extravaganza, by the time I have a second to do laundry I just want to sit my butt down on CM and relax.

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I don't even have time for CM.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Well quit doing your laundry during the week!  Priorities, VVV!  haha

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting Veni.Vidi.Vici.:

I don't even have time for CM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured