Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Require Congressmen & Senators to wear logos of their financial backers on their clothing, much like NASCAR drivers do.

Posted by   + Show Post

"Since most politicians' campaigns are largely funded by wealthy companies and individuals, it would give voters a better sense of who the candidate they are voting for is actually representing if the company's logo, or individual's name, was prominently displayed upon the candidate's clothing at all public appearances and campaign events. Once elected, the candidate would be required to continue to wear those "sponsor's" names during all official duties and visits to constituents. The size of a logo or name would vary with the size of a donation. For example, a $1 million dollar contribution would warrant a patch of about 4" by 8" on the chest, while a free meal from a lobbyist would be represented by a quarter-sized button. Individual donations under $1000 are exempt."

I found this petition on the White House website today while exploring the open petitions. It's actually got over 34k of the 100k signatures required for it to be addressed. What do you think of this idea?

Here is the link for the petition.

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Replies (11-14):
glitterteaz
by Ruby Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Make them wear a cape like superman for over flow!

Quoting momtoscott:

I don't think there would be room enough on their clothes.  

It's a nice idea, though! 

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Quoting NWP:

I have heard this before and I love it!

Cutenessmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Yes I would LOLOLOL!

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:12 PM

Sounds like a grand idea.

I'm sure, however, the majority of politicians would beg to differ.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)