Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lincoln (the movie) and 42 (the movie) fluff

Posted by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:52 PM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you seen the movie, "Lincoln" and/or planning to see the movie, "42"?

Options:

Both films

Lincoln (Only)

42 (Only)

Neither film

Other (because there is always an "Other")

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

Just wondering the fine opinion of you ladies

Did you see the movie, "Lincoln" and do you plan on seeing the movie, "42" (Jackie Robinson)?

(If you want to say DVD, that's fine)

Do you feel these movies are (or will be) historically accurate.

What is your opinion.

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Other. I'd like to see Lincoln. DS and my dad (huge baseball fans) have a date to see 42. I'd like to see it too but I won't encroach on their date.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I have yet to see either one but yes, I do want to.

canadianmom1974
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I haven't seen either, hubs wants to see Lincoln so we'll catch it on DVD some night. I'm not gung ho about it, but whatever.

I'll watch 42 at some point, but it may not be until it comes out on the movie channels.

Neither movie is 'my' history, so it doesn't have that draw for me, though I do want to see if 42 covers the time he spent playing in Canada.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Donna6503
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM

My understanding, the film does a bit of focus on his one year in Montreal

Quoting canadianmom1974:

I haven't seen either, hubs wants to see Lincoln so we'll catch it on DVD some night. I'm not gung ho about it, but whatever.

I'll watch 42 at some point, but it may not be until it comes out on the movie channels.

Neither movie is 'my' history, so it doesn't have that draw for me, though I do want to see if 42 covers the time he spent playing in Canada.

Donna6503
by Gold Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Over the weekend; I did see Lincoln, I enjoyed the film and only found a little bit of historical inaccuracy.

Still, I wanted to see 42 for a long time now. Besides, I've always had a thing for Harrison Ford

Quoting FromAtoZ:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Donna6503:

Over the weekend; I did see Lincoln, I enjoyed the film and only found a little bit of historical inaccuracy.

Still, I wanted to see 42 for a long time now. Besides, I've always had a thing for Harrison Ford

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I need to see Lincoln! I have been meaning to but have yet to make the time.  I think this upcoming weekend I must do so.

I adore Harrison Ford.  Always have.  *sigh*  42 does look to be rather interesting.

TCgirlatheart
by TC on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I love Harrison Ford. He woul have to dress as Han Solo though...

Quoting Donna6503:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TCgirlatheart
by TC on Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM
We will see both.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
funnymommy71
by Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:14 PM

I have only seen Lincoln, liked it alot in fact!  But, is it me or does Daniel sound a bit like Ron Paul playing Lincoln?  Voice only- seriously, he did to me!

taniamorse85
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I plan to see both, but I will wait until they are on DVD.  I haven't seen a movie in a theater in 11 years because of prices, and those certainly are not getting any better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured