Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

We, as black folks have to do a better job. Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.

Posted by   + Show Post
BILL HAS GONE AND DONE IT AGAIN... 
They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English. 
I can't even talk the way these people talk: 
Why you ain't, 
Where you is, 
What he drive, 
Where he stay, 
Where he work, 
Who you be... 
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. 
And then I heard the father talk. 
Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living. 
People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an Education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around. 
The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal. 
These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids. 
$500 sneakers for what? 
And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.
I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit. 
Where were you when he was 2?
Where were you when he was 12? 
Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol? 
And where is the father? Or who is his father? 
People putting their clothes on backward: 
Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong? 
People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something? 
Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body? 
What part of Africa did this come from?? 
We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa ..... 
I say this all of the time. It would be like white people saying they are European-American. That is totally stupid. 
I was born here, and so were my parents and grand parents and, very likely my great grandparents. I don't have any connection to Africa, no more than white Americans have to Germany , Scotland , England , Ireland , or the Netherlands . The same applies to 99 percent of all the black Americans as regards to Africa . So stop, already! ! ! 
With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap ......... And all of them are in jail. 
Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem. 
We have got to take the neighborhood back. 
People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now. 
We have millionaire football players who cannot read. 
We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We, as black folks have to do a better job. 
Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us. 
We have to start holding each other to a higher standard..
We cannot blame the white people any longer.' 
~Dr.. William Henry 'Bill' Cosby, Jr., Ed..D. 
WELL SAID, BILL
It's NOT about color...
It's about behavior!!!

BILL HAS GONE AND DONE IT AGAIN...

They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.
I can't even talk the way these people talk:
Why you ain't, ...
Where you is,
What he drive,
Where he stay,
Where he work,
Who you be...
And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk.
And then I heard the father talk.
Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth.
In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living.

People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an Education, and now we've got these knuckleheads walking around.
The lower economic people are not holding up their end in this deal.
These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids.
$500 sneakers for what?
And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on Phonics.

I am talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange suit.
Where were you when he was 2?
Where were you when he was 12?
Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol?
And where is the father? Or who is his father?
People putting their clothes on backward:
Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong?
People with their hats on backward, pants down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something?

Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles [piercing] going through her body?
What part of Africa did this come from??
We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa .....

I say this all of the time. It would be like white people saying they are European-American. That is totally stupid.
I was born here, and so were my parents and grand parents and, very likely my great grandparents. I don't have any connection to Africa, no more than white Americans have to Germany , Scotland , England , Ireland , or the Netherlands . The same applies to 99 percent of all the black Americans as regards to Africa . So stop, already! ! !
With names like Shaniqua, Taliqua and Mohammed and all of that crap ......... And all of them are in jail.

Brown or black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem.
We have got to take the neighborhood back.
People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different 'husbands' -- or men or whatever you call them now.
We have millionaire football players who cannot read.
We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We, as black folks have to do a better job.
Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us.
We have to start holding each other to a higher standard..
We cannot blame the white people any longer.'

~Dr.. William Henry 'Bill' Cosby, Jr., Ed..D.

by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Replies (521-530):
DestinyRoseLC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:45 PM
But he wasn't talking about them.

Quoting hopealways4019:

He didnt strike a nerve. There are white females with multiple kids , on welfare. Bill cosby need to shutup.

Quoting DestinyRoseLC:

Degrading a whole race? Or asking a whole race where the hell did it all go wrong? It is no different then a parent scolding a child. He asked legitimate questions. The only way I see people getting offended is because he struck a nerve.

Quoting hopealways4019:

White thugs blew up all those innocent people in Boston. And they think blacks are the scum.of the earth?????? Bill cosby self hating. His jokes are dried up , so now he trying to garner attention, by degrading an entire race. He need to look in the mirror, self hate is so shameful.

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting hopealways4019:

A white thug murdered his son in cold blood! Bill Cosby a has been.

ahh, I see, so that means tea in china is now at $3.00/ounce.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Do you feel good about discriminating against senior citizens ? Do you realize how much more intelligent he is than you ? Did you know the word is HIMSELF.....Have you graduated from high school ? LOL.
Quoting hopealways4019:

Bill Cosby is a nobody now. He trying to make his self revelant again, by degrading his race.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting hopealways4019:

You make no sense at all.

Bill Cosby is NOT a has-been,. He is a very intelligent senior citizen who is no longer as active but still contributes.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopealways4019
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Bill Cosby ignoring the white females on welfare. My late mother always told us there are more whites than blacks on welfare. She was right! My mother was a wise woman. Mr. cosby need to be fair in his opinion s. This man never been poor, so how can he correctly speak or make fair accusations about an entire race. He getting inaccurate information.

Quoting DestinyRoseLC:

Quoting hopealways4019:

He didnt strike a nerve. There are white females with multiple kids , on welfare. Bill cosby need to shutup.

Quoting DestinyRoseLC:

Degrading a whole race? Or asking a whole race where the hell did it all go wrong? It is no different then a parent scolding a child. He asked legitimate questions. The only way I see people getting offended is because he struck a nerve.

Quoting hopealways4019:

White thugs blew up all those innocent people in Boston. And they think blacks are the scum.of the earth?????? Bill cosby self hating. His jokes are dried up , so now he trying to garner attention, by degrading an entire race. He need to look in the mirror, self hate is so shameful.

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting hopealways4019:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tag3.0
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Quoting DestinyRoseLC:

Nooo he was addressing his audience and telling them to stop the bullshit. I've heard hispanics talk the same addressing only hispanics, same as every other race. When you are a speaker or giving a lecture you are going to address the issues in a way for your audience to relate and understand. This holds true to all public speakers. I think the problem people are having is he hit close to home, struck a nerve and the easiest reaction is anger.

This is the last time Iam going to say this. He has said this before on talk shows and the like.

GET THAT THROUGH YOUR SKULL ALREADY!

Do some research as well on the shows cause Im not going to do it for you. Do your own work or youll never learn. 

It struck a nerve with me because of the fact I grew up in the PJs and am very educated and well spoken. I didnt get to where Iam by being lazy and I still use ebonics, theres a time and place for it. Cosby does live in that neighborhood, he has no idea and is far removed. So this is the last time I will say this.

You as a white girl cannot tell me what black folks need to do. And that is based on Cosby, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN AND TELL WHITE FOLKS TO GO TO HELL.

Tag3.0
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Quoting DestinyRoseLC:

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting hopealways4019:

He singled out black people and ignored the obvious. He has said this in front of mixed audiences, not just for the NAACP. 

jESUS CHRIST, FOLLOW CURRENT EVENTS!

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Should I ask, or shouldn't I?

Hmmm.

Oh what the heck... what does this even mean?

"You as a white girl cannot tell me what black folks need to do. And that is based on Cosby, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN AND TELL WHITE FOLKS TO GO TO HELL."

Quoting Tag3.0:

Quoting DestinyRoseLC:

Nooo he was addressing his audience and telling them to stop the bullshit. I've heard hispanics talk the same addressing only hispanics, same as every other race. When you are a speaker or giving a lecture you are going to address the issues in a way for your audience to relate and understand. This holds true to all public speakers. I think the problem people are having is he hit close to home, struck a nerve and the easiest reaction is anger.

This is the last time Iam going to say this. He has said this before on talk shows and the like.

Do some research as well on the shows cause Im not going to do it for you. Do your own work or youll never learn. 

It struck a nerve with me because of the fact I grew up in the PJs and am very educated and well spoken. I didnt get to where Iam by being lazy and I still use ebonics, theres a time and place for it. Cosby does live in that neighborhood, he has no idea and is far removed. So this is the last time I will say this.

You as a white girl cannot tell me what black folks need to do. And that is based on Cosby, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN AND TELL WHITE FOLKS TO GO TO HELL.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I am sensing some hostility in this thread, might have to break out the hookah.

DestinyRoseLC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:21 PM
I'm white?

Quoting Tag3.0:

Quoting DestinyRoseLC:

DestinyRoseLC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't even read your comment cause your thought pattern is assbackwards. So I will assume this comment is as well.

Quoting Tag3.0:

Quoting DestinyRoseLC:

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting hopealways4019:

He singled out black people and ignored the obvious. He has said this in front of mixed audiences, not just for the NAACP. 

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:45 PM

And I hate to assume, which is why I ask...but ya know, I think you are right. Sheeesh. ..can't imagine in what context and with what rationale a statement like that even makes an ounce of sense.

Quoting DestinyRoseLC:

I didn't even read your comment cause your thought pattern is assbackwards. So I will assume this comment is as well.

Quoting Tag3.0:

Quoting DestinyRoseLC:

Quoting Radarma:

Quoting hopealways4019:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)