Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
You do not have the right to braoadcast your bigotry. Agree?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Replies (21-30):
BlueRay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Disagree
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:09 AM
2 moms liked this

And there is where the disconnect and problem presents. SO, SO many (CM is a perfect example) want to have and fully embrace all the freedoms, yet are unwilling or unable to accept the consequences and responsibilities that go along with the free choices that they make. Including being questioned about or labeled for their behaviors displayed, decisions made or words spoken/written.

Quoting SuperChicken:

Disagree.   People have every right to broadcast their bigotry.  What they don't have is the right to insist no one condemn them for their bigotry.

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:17 AM

That is just ingrained in the Liberal mind-set, I don't know how that get's stopped.

Quoting Sisteract:

And there is where the disconnect and problem presents. SO, SO many (CM is a perfect example) want to have and fully embrace all the freedoms, yet are unwilling or unable to accept the consequences and responsibilities that go along with the free choices that they make. Including being questioned about or labeled for their behaviors displayed, decisions made or words spoken/written.

Quoting SuperChicken:

Disagree.   People have every right to broadcast their bigotry.  What they don't have is the right to insist no one condemn them for their bigotry.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:22 AM

It's typical to be called intolerant when bigotry and hatred is pointed out.

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting SuperChicken:

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:32 AM

No, I do not agree. No one has the Right to be a bigot. However, a bigot does have the Right to "broadcast" under the 1st amendment.

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM

How is this a "Liberal" mind-set? Making chocies and then accepting consquences for them. Simple concept. I thought this was the basis for the "Conservative" mind-set?

Quoting Billiejeens:

That is just ingrained in the Liberal mind-set, I don't know how that get's stopped.

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting SuperChicken:

lga1965
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:38 AM

It's okay....but they shouldn't ACT ON their bigotry and make life miserable for others ...such as making LAWS that discriminate.

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:39 AM

See black for Liberal Mindset -

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

How is this a "Liberal" mind-set? Making chocies and then accepting consquences for them. Simple concept. I thought this was the basis for the "Conservative" mind-set?

Quoting Billiejeens:

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting SuperChicken:

yourspecialkid
by Platinum Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:41 AM

So the 1st amendment only applies to some?  Who gets to define bigotry to begin with?  What is that definition by the way?

I am assuming this is in reference to homosexuality or gay marriage.  Many faiths believe this is sin.  Are these people bigots because of their religious beliefs?  The last time I checked the Constitution protects these people on 2 fronts in 2 separate and very clear amendments.

Finally, the SCOTUS has ruled you can broadcast most anything...because it is your RIGHT.

******An EDIT....The last time I checked the Constitution protects these people on 2 fronts in 2 separate and very clear parts of the first amendment.....freedom of religion...freedom of speech.
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Though I may not agree with it, they have the right.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN