Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Accidental Racist"

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM
  • 5 Replies

Just heard on the news about a song that is causing a bit of controversy, called Accidental Racist, a duet by Brad Paisley and LL Cool J. *Link edited out, it was removed from YouTube due to a copyright issue, dang people posting stuff they shouldn't...* What do you guys think?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jean_marie1987
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I didn't think it was so bad. Interesting that two artists from two different genres worked together on it.

greenie63
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM

At first I cringed but found it very though provoking. I'm one who opposes the flying of the confederate flag and feel racism is alive especially in the south. However I feel the song is about racism, but it isn't racist.

Does that make sense? It's sad that 150 something years later, the civil war is still being fought in some ways. 

ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I think the message they were trying to get across is a good one. But the song is a bust, just not a very good one.

jean_marie1987
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Perfect sense, and terribly sad that we are still dealing with race issues today.

Quoting greenie63:

At first I cringed but found it very though provoking. I'm one who opposes the flying of the confederate flag and feel racism is alive especially in the south. However I feel the song is about racism, but it isn't racist.

Does that make sense? It's sad that 150 something years later, the civil war is still being fought in some ways. 

ReginaStar
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM

While the intentions may have been well, it's sounds bad and I don't like it. Judging someone for displaying the confederate flag does not compare to judging someone for wearing a durag. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)