Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think of wealth distribution in America?

Posted by   + Show Post

I just saw this video on YouTube and I'm aghast!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM&feature=player_embedded

What say you?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Replies (41-50):
-Celestial-
by Pepperlynn on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Its been going on since the creation of big business..

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:36 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/05/us/harder-for-americans-to-rise-from-lower-rungs.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Quoting LindaClement:

Bullshit.

There has historically, and recently, been a lot of movement between the bottom and the top.

Lots of folks who have been in the 1% don't get to stay there, and lots of people at the bottom have moved far up from where they were.

Quoting Sisteract:

The bottom 99% are never going to get ahead in the new America- and that might grow to the bottom 99.6%-

LindaClement
by Linda on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Just because the NYTimes says it's 'harder' doesn't mean it was ever easy. It also doesn't mean it is no longer possible.

Isn't there some law against intentionally dampening the motivation of others?

... there should be.

Quoting autodidact:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/05/us/harder-for-americans-to-rise-from-lower-rungs.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Quoting LindaClement:

Bullshit.

There has historically, and recently, been a lot of movement between the bottom and the top.

Lots of folks who have been in the 1% don't get to stay there, and lots of people at the bottom have moved far up from where they were.

Quoting Sisteract:

The bottom 99% are never going to get ahead in the new America- and that might grow to the bottom 99.6%-

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:41 PM

At least five large studies in recent years have found the United States to be less mobile than comparable nations. 

that would be a stupid and unconstitutional law.  

Quoting LindaClement:

Just because the NYTimes says it's 'harder' doesn't mean it was ever easy. It also doesn't mean it is no longer possible.

... there should be.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting LindaClement:

Bullshit.

Quoting Sisteract:

LindaClement
by Linda on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Of course it's a stupid law... 

Being 'less mobile' than other countries is a lot different than 'less mobile than historically'... or 'immobile.'

Which 'comparable nations' were included. I'm going to laugh my head off if someone included Canada.

Quoting autodidact:

At least five large studies in recent years have found the United States to be less mobile than comparable nations. 

Quoting LindaClement:

... there should be.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting LindaClement:

Bullshit.

Quoting Sisteract:

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:22 PM

ok, so there should be a stupid law? you make no sense. it was YOUR law. 

Quoting LindaClement:

Being 'less mobile' than other countries is a lot different than 'less mobile than historically'... or 'immobile.'

Which 'comparable nations' were included. I'm going to laugh my head off if someone included Canada.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting LindaClement:

... there should be.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting LindaClement:

Bullshit.

Quoting Sisteract:

USBrit
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:31 PM

No Work, No Eat! Sounds pretty simple to me. 

LindaClement
by Linda on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I couldn't find the sarcasm font.

Quoting autodidact:

ok, so there should be a stupid law? you make no sense. it was YOUR law. 

Quoting LindaClement:

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting LindaClement:

... there should be.

Quoting autodidact:

Quoting LindaClement:

Bullshit.

Quoting Sisteract:

LindaClement
by Linda on Apr. 10, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I think the saddest modern reality in the US is the prevalence of 'someone else ought to fix this'...

... from John Wayne's can-do attitude to this, in under 50 years. It's a tragedy.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 10, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Yep. Agreed. 

Quoting LindaClement:

I think the saddest modern reality in the US is the prevalence of 'someone else ought to fix this'...

... from John Wayne's can-do attitude to this, in under 50 years. It's a tragedy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured