Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Appendicitis ? Anyone have/had an issue with this?

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

UPDATE - SWOLLEN LYMPH NODE AND ROUND LIGAMENT STRETCHING/PULLING. NO APPENDICITIS!! Thanks for the insight ladies.

I am 33 wks pregnant and have developed lower right quad pain. I have felt nauseous the past two days. I generally have a very high pain tolerance and this right pelvic pain is really hurting me. It is hard to get out of bed in the morning and it hurts to stand up and walk during the day. I spoke to my Doc. last Monday about the pain. He told me to pay attention to it and try and figure out if it was just one side or my whole pelvic area. I called and have an appt. in the morning, but I am really worried.

Any Moms out there experience an appendectomy when pregnant or suffer from appendicitis while pregnant?

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 6:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM

When I had that same pain I found out months later after giving birth that it was a huge ovarian cyst. 

RobinChristine
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:20 PM

yes,I was 6 months pregnant,I had a spinal and surgery.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Apr. 9, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Quoting Citygirlk:

When I had that same pain I found out months later after giving birth that it was a huge ovarian cyst. 

I had one removed when I was 14 weeks pregnant.  I had it before I was pregnant...they told me I couldnt get pregnant...they were wrong LOL.  Then they told me that I had a two week period where I could have the surgery at the least risk to the fetus.  14-16 weeks.  Or I could continue the pregnancy and risk the cyst bursting.  I had the surgery, size of a mans fist they said...blech.  

MommyDearest555
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I've had one cyst that actually did rupture. This pain isn't like that. I appreciate your responses. So sorry to hear you ladies went through that. Hoping it isn't appendicitis, but something seems wrong. I don't think this is normal pregnancy pain :( Will update after appt.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM

It is also possible that it's an ovarian cyst, or a pulled ligament or muscle... appendicitis is not the only possibility.

Citygirlk
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM

They just though I had ligament pain the whole time, but when I got pregnant the second time it was hell they found it  few days before my d&c, it was the size of a softball. Being a woman can suck at times.

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting Citygirlk:

I had one removed when I was 14 weeks pregnant.  I had it before I was pregnant...they told me I couldnt get pregnant...they were wrong LOL.  Then they told me that I had a two week period where I could have the surgery at the least risk to the fetus.  14-16 weeks.  Or I could continue the pregnancy and risk the cyst bursting.  I had the surgery, size of a mans fist they said...blech.  

aj_mom
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:27 PM

I had similar pain with my first it was awful turns out I just had a severe UTI

MommyDearest555
by New Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Pulled ligament and a swollen lymph node

Quoting LindaClement:

It is also possible that it's an ovarian cyst, or a pulled ligament or muscle... appendicitis is not the only possibility.

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:00 PM

My appendix burst and I didn't have pain  (not pregnant).

Pain is not normal.  I hope they figure it out for you.

Quoting MommyDearest555:

I've had one cyst that actually did rupture. This pain isn't like that. I appreciate your responses. So sorry to hear you ladies went through that. Hoping it isn't appendicitis, but something seems wrong. I don't think this is normal pregnancy pain :( Will update after appt.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Whew! That's at least a relief!

Quoting MommyDearest555:

Pulled ligament and a swollen lymph node

Quoting LindaClement:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)