Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The shift in American genetics and thyroid problems from 1985 to now.

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:33 AM
  • 53 Replies

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Wow, that's really eye-opening and frightening, isn't it?  Clearly, it is something we (humans/businesses) are doing to the food, drugs, water...something.

This stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum.

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM

It's because of the internet.

*nods*

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Right.  ;)

Seriously, a lot of families didn't have internet until at least late 90's and the rates were rising before then. 

So was the use of chemicals, increased vaccines, lifestyle drugs, gmo's....probably a lot of factors. 

Quoting Radarma:

*nods*

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:39 AM

I felt the same thing. I always hear how much of a problem (Epidemic?) it is. But I never realized how drastic the change was so fast.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Wow, that's really eye-opening and frightening, isn't it?  Clearly, it is something we (humans/businesses) are doing to the food, drugs, water...something.

This stuff doesn't happen in a vacuum.

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this
Go Colorado! Way to be slightly more healthy while still being obese.

I blame Monsanto and their GMO crops, big Pharm, the bribed officials at the FDA, and the Senators in all of the above's pockets.

There is no money in a healthy, fit America. There is no money in cures. There are trillions of dollars to be had in treatment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Radarma
by "OneDar" on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Quoting TranquilMind:

Right.  ;)

Seriously, a lot of families didn't have internet until at least late 90's and the rates were rising before then. 

So was the use of chemicals, increased vaccines, lifestyle drugs, gmo's....probably a lot of factors. 

Quoting Radarma:

*nods*

What's a lifestyle drug and where can I get some?

:D

Yes, MANY factors have contributed to this. And the graphics are clearly alarming. I think I will take my hike now, lol.

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

I imagine you are right. It probably is the accumulation of a bunch of factors.

I would add in the trend to add low fat to an item and increase the sugar in the item for it to taste better. Not to mention the huge portions of everything we are given.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Right.  ;)

Quoting Radarma:

*nods*

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:57 AM
2 moms liked this

It's because people eat the wrong foods in mass quantities- Look up wheat belly- and GMO wheat, which is what most are eating- HORRIBLE.

Eat fresh, locally grown, non processed foods- Complex carbs are the devil and the food pyramid a sham.

And if you're over 40, an hour + of daily physical exercise-

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Yep!

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Go Colorado! Way to be slightly more healthy while still being obese.

I blame Monsanto and their GMO crops, big Pharm, the bribed officials at the FDA, and the Senators in all of the above's pockets.

There is no money in a healthy, fit America. There is no money in cures. There are trillions of dollars to be had in treatment.

Roxygurl
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
What I'd like to know is when we started using high fructose corn syrup in comparison to the charts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN