Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

easiest way to quit smoking...yay!

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 58 Replies
About a month ago, I decided I wanted to give up cigarettes, I had tried before and always failed. I've seen countless people using vapes so I figured 'what the hell'. Best decision I've ever made. If you're looking to quit, or just looking for a cheaper option, I recommend this. There's no second hand smoke and you can get yummy flavors without the additives that can, you know, kill you. To make this a debate, or discussion, Oklahoma (my state) is trying to place a tobacco tax on these. Do you think it's fair to tobacco tax a product that has no tobacco?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:14 PM
3 moms liked this

I have an appointment next month at the health clinic for a cessation class...I'm excited...after 10 years, I'm ready to kick this habit...

And no, I think tobacco taxes should be placed on, you know, actual tobacco...

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:17 PM
1 mom liked this
If you're having trouble with quitting, this is such a good way. You can pick the level of nicotine and wean yourself off. It's so much easier than any other way I've tried.

Quoting LucyMom08:

I have an appointment next month at the health clinic for a cessation class...I'm excited...after 10 years, I'm ready to kick this habit...

And no, I think tobacco taxes should be placed on, you know, actual tobacco...

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I tried them and failed, they made me sick after a while but I was reusing the tips so it could have been user error but my chest said no after a while:(  What brand did you go with? Maybe it was a brand issue? 

I would try again if it were affordable and didnt affect my lungs.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I don't use a regular e cig. The vapes use a liquid (you can buy all kinds of different flavors). I'll post a pic.

Quoting survivorinohio:

I tried them and failed, they made me sick after a while but I was reusing the tips so it could have been user error but my chest said no after a while:(  What brand did you go with? Maybe it was a brand issue? 

I would try again if it were affordable and didnt affect my lungs.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Mobile Photo

The pink part is the battery. The top round thing is the atomizer that you put the liquid in. I have watermelon mixed with gobstopper in it now. The bottles cost about $4. I usually go through one every two weeks.
PestPatti
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Good luck on your endeavor, quitting is hard.  But SO WORTH it.   

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I already feel better and haven't had any of those pesky cravings. I started at 24 nicotine and went down to 18. Hopefully, I'll be at a 12 in two weeks. Fingers crossed!

Quoting PestPatti:

Good luck on your endeavor, quitting is hard.  But SO WORTH it.   

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Quoting ashellbell:

Mobile Photo

The pink part is the battery. The top round thing is the atomizer that you put the liquid in. I have watermelon mixed with gobstopper in it now. The bottles cost about $4. I usually go through one every two weeks.
ya thats way different than what I tried, maybe I will try again.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM
These are a little more expensive to buy outright. I spent $85 for the starter kit (2 batteries, 2 atomizer, a charger and 2 bottles of liquid) but a friend of mine got hers from craigs list for $20. The liquid only costs about $4 though.

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting ashellbell:

Mobile Photo

ya thats way different than what I tried, maybe I will try again.

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I think placing a tobacco tax on a product that doesn't contain tobacco is a buncha bull!  An,d I'm not even a smoker!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured