Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is your phone a weapon when recording? [New Video]

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM
  • 89 Replies

He was smoking cigarettes on the boardwalk and because of that was getting a citation from the Cops.

He was filming them with his smart phone and the Police Officer tells him to put it away. He tells the Police Officer no that he has the right to film them. The Police Officer then tells him to put the weapon away (The phone). And ends up smacking it out of his hand and slamming him to the ground giving him a laceration to his chin.

Apparently this isn't the first time this has happened (A police offer referring to a phone as a weapon to confiscate it).

Adam Pringle (the victim) is an Eagle Scout and active in the community. He said he is not a trouble maker but believes in standing up for his rights.

Officer Reinhold claims he has recieved training that says people can convert cell phones into weapons. If that is the case we really need to look into when an Officer should consider a camera as a weapon. Because from this video it looks like he just used that as an excuse to break the phone and arrest the person filming him.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

by on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM
1 mom liked this

What a pile of horseshit. I understand deeming it as a weapon if he posed a threat somehow, but he was not even remotely aggressive. I hope they identified those cops. 

Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

jehosoba84
by Jenn on Apr. 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM

What is this world coming to!?

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting jehosoba84:

What is this world coming to!?

A place where people need to stand up for their rights. :X

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

stormcris
by Christy on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Well perhaps not in that case, but let me throw my LG at your head and see what you think lol.

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Quoting stormcris:

Well perhaps not in that case, but let me throw my LG at your head and see what you think lol.

I should have been more specific I guess :P Is a phone a weapon when someone is using it to record footage :P

stormcris
by Christy on Apr. 11, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I was trying to be amusing, and apparently failed. 

No it isn't, but a lot of police act like they should never be recorded and treat them like a gun.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting stormcris:

I should have been more specific I guess :P Is a phone a weapon when someone is using it to record footage :P

Every war when it comes, or before it comes, is represented not as a war but as an act of self-defense against a homicidal maniac.
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ..MoonShine..:

What a pile of horseshit. I understand deeming it as a weapon if he posed a threat somehow, but he was not even remotely aggressive. I hope they identified those cops. 

They did. He had friends there with him.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 11, 2013 at 2:31 PM
I don't trust cops any more. Sad we can't trust the people who are put there to protect us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by Tess on Apr. 11, 2013 at 3:01 PM
What a joke. I can't even begin to understand the corruption in police... Those cops should be jailed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)