Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

FCC considering allowing the F Bomb and Female Nudity...

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:22 AM
  • 279 Replies

What are your thoughts on this? They are considering this even during hours they are aware that children will be viewing TV program. I am wondering what is happening in society that they think this is ok. There are enough problems our kids are dealing with that they do not need to see this in the context of tv shows now being produced.

FCC set to drop ban on f-word, nudity on television and radio stations nationwide

They are seeking public comments; make your voice count!

April 8, 2013

Dear Member,

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) announced it is considering dropping current broadcast decency standards that ban explicit profanity and “non-sexual” nudity.
You can read the press release from the FCC here.
Specifically, if enacted, the new FCC policy would allow network television and local radio stations to air the f-word, the s-word and to allow programs to show frontal female nudity, even during hours when they know children will be watching and listening.
It is accepting comments on the proposal from the viewing public until the end of April.
Current broadcast decency law prohibits expletives and nudity, even if brief or “fleeting.” The Supreme Court has upheld the law as constitutionally enforceable by the FCC, despite lawsuit attempts by networks NBC and FOX to overturn it.
TAKE ACTION
Submit your comments to the FCC, urging it to reject any changes to the current policy.
The FCC will not accept general email comments. To be valid, you are required to file a formal comment via the FCC’s website.
Please follow these instruction carefully, to insure your comment is accepted by the FCC:
1. Go to http://outbound3.afa.net/link.php?M=106758&N=1201&L=2928&F=H.
2. Enter the code “13-86” in the “Proceeding Number” box and fill out the few remaining required fields.
3. Enter your comment in the text box provided and click “Continue.”
4. From there, review your comment and click “Confirm.”
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:25 AM
2 moms liked this

I have no problem with it, tv isn't a mainstay of my home. In fact...we really only use it to watch youtube videos and stuff we stream anyways...what networks have on is irrelevant to me.

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:26 AM
20 moms liked this

I think parents need to take responsibility for their childrens viewing/listening habits, not the government.

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:31 AM
3 moms liked this

From original article.

Current broadcast decency law prohibits expletives and nudity, even if brief or "fleeting." The Supreme Court has upheld the law as constitutionally enforceable by the FCC, despite lawsuit attempts by networks NBC and FOX to overturn it.

There is the rub, the country has decided what we will move as far away from Decency as possible.

IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Perhaps Jesus WILL return in my lifetime...

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I pray for this everyday.

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IhartU
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:52 AM
5 moms liked this

I don't believe im censorship or so called 'decency laws'. It's up the PARENTS to manage what their children see, hear and do.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:54 AM
3 moms liked this

Here's a solution that has worked really well in our home: turn off the TV.

The only person who really watches TV is the hubs-

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:58 AM
9 moms liked this
Yet they show people being horribly murdered, raped, & gore?

I'd rather see a naked woman than a bloody body mauled by dogs (Bones episode)

Quoting Billiejeens:

From original article.

Current broadcast decency law prohibits expletives and nudity, even if brief or "fleeting." The Supreme Court has upheld the law as constitutionally enforceable by the FCC, despite lawsuit attempts by networks NBC and FOX to overturn it.

There is the rub, the country has decided what we will move as far away from Decency as possible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM
18 moms liked this
Jesus is going to return because we saw a nipple and said fuck?

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:59 AM
EXACTLY.

Quoting IhartU:

I don't believe im censorship or so called 'decency laws'. It's up the PARENTS to manage what their  their children see, hear and do.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN