Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

BofA hidden fees (vent)

Posted by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 20 Replies

We have banked with BofA for years.  It's been primarily because it's convenient with loan accounts being handled by them, but I just learned the most ridiculous thing.  If someone submits fraudulent charges and you dispute the charges the bank has a $30 charge to stop payment on the fraudulent charges.  

Wow, it's a twofer.  Called the company responsible for the incorrect charges (ADT Broadview) and was told they don't have a phone number for their billing department.  *headdesk*  

by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
punky3175
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
That's ridiculous. I'm glad I switched to USAA. BoA ticked me off several years ago then Wells Fargo (after they bought Wachovia.) I had a fraudulent charge on my debit card last Monday for ~$35, called to report it and the money was back in my account by Tuesday.

The fees the big banks are enacting are ridiculous.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
little.worthen
by Tess on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah BofA screwed me really bad about 3 years ago.
I use a credit union now and I love it!
katy_kay08
by on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:12 AM

We will be closing the account today when my husband gets home.  The charge that came through was a "checkpay" so I'm concerned that this will be a monthly problem.  I won't go with USAA but our local credit union will be getting the account instead.  

Quoting punky3175:

That's ridiculous. I'm glad I switched to USAA. BoA ticked me off several years ago then Wells Fargo (after they bought Wachovia.) I had a fraudulent charge on my debit card last Monday for ~$35, called to report it and the money was back in my account by Tuesday.

The fees the big banks are enacting are ridiculous.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
We have accounts with 2 credit unions...I will never go back to a regular bank again.

Quoting little.worthen:

Yeah BofA screwed me really bad about 3 years ago.

I use a credit union now and I love it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyme63
by Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:27 AM
B of A is awful. I am always shocked that people still bank with them. When I was young and dumb I payed that bank so much money in fees its ridiculous. They used to put checks through in a way that would get them the most of your money if you went overdrawn. (what should have been $5 over would turn into $200 + in fees) A few months ago I got a $48 check from them as part of a class action lawsuit for the whole thing. They are so shady. We use credit unions now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I hate BofA.  They ate our bank and so we have our accounts with them.  I especially hate how slow their ATMs are.  It would often be faster to go into the bank and do business with a person.  

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Oh I hate them with a passion! When my dad passed last year we assumed his loan on his car...let's just say it was U.G.L.Y. and we quickly refinanced with Navy Federal Credit Union...they're as great as USAA.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I bank with one of our local banks,I hate big banks

Mipsy
by Bronze Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Hate BofA. We don't bank. Cash only or money cards.
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 12, 2013 at 12:26 PM

This kind of thing is why I left BofA and went to a credit union.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)