Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Why is this?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 8:47 PM
  • 22 Replies

by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:00 PM
4 moms liked this
Probably to avoid drawing attention to where the trial is taking place, to avoid attacks on the area, such as snipers trying to shoot the accused or the defense team, or bombings. The of the BTK killer wasn't well publicized either.

Sadly, famous athletes get more press anytime they do anything.

Why doesn't the media cover the thousands of children living in foster care every day? The thousands of children living in poverty? The thousands of children abused? That should get media coverage before a murder trial.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Millions of puppies and kittens are killed every year, and it doesn't make front page news.

Also, the pic of the person holding the baby is wrong. The baby should be kept at the level of the vagina until the cord is cut (the cord is angled down) and the cord should never have tension in it as this picture does.
punky3175
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
A whole other thread has been started on this where the question has been answered.

And it was started without memes.
Kmary
by Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Define "ignored."  I've heard about it on the news...and I watch ONLY left-leaning biased news.  :-) 

Seriously, though.  I'm not sure that I agree it's being completely ignored.  And my hunch is that it has to do with protection at the trial site.  This is fairly common in cases like this.

jllcali
by Jane on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:11 PM
What's the title?

Quoting punky3175:

A whole other thread has been started on this where the question has been answered.

tweety101149
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:15 PM

I have heard about Gosnell murder factory...he is the reason why abortions became legal..., because he is the kind you would find in back alleys, and prey upon the poor, weak.  He should be forever behind bars.  It is not as if the media has ignored this trial.  There are articles about this horriffic man and the horros of his "women's clinic.".   Why broadcast media hasn't picked up on his grizzly dark  grimm  "Meingler" like "doctoring" is quite curious.   

WARNING:  THE LAST LINK HAS GRAPHICS THAT MAY BE VERY UPSETTING & QUITE DESTRESSING.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/everything-you-need-to-know-about-kermit-gosnell-and-the-abortion-%E2%80%98house-of-horrors%E2%80%99-trial/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/on-faith/why-the-gosnell-trial-shocks/2013/04/13/82afcfb4-a3e9-11e2-82bc-511538ae90a4_story.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/11/ashley-baldwin-teen-worker-kermit-gosnell-abortion-_n_3063066.html

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/jill-stanek/2013/04/11/four-reasons-why-media-isnt-covering-gosnell-mass-murder-trial

butterfly on headlynda  

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:16 PM
2 moms liked this
I knew better than to walk in this store. Nothing but junk for sale.
punky3175
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Just bumped it - LoveMyBoyK posted it earlier this morning I believe.

Quoting jllcali:

What's the title?

Quoting punky3175:

purpleducky
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:19 PM

Ummm...wasn't this thing front page news when it first came to light? I remember seeing article after article after article about this guy and his place. I saw the pictures. They were horrible.

punky3175
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:19 PM
Media Coverage questions/debate

Quoting jllcali:

What's the title?

Quoting punky3175:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN