Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Dear Media....Please Take The Photo Down.....

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:08 PM
  • 66 Replies
3 moms liked this

I commented in another thread last night about a photo I saw of a woman at the scene who was clearly dead. Well, guess what? She was just identified as the second victim. That photo is still up on numerous news websites. For the sake of her family, I wish they would all do the right thing and take that photo down. Hell, take them ALL down. We don't need to see the victims in such detail. 

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/16/17781262-second-boston-marathon-bombing-victim-identified-as-29-year-old-woman#comments

by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Apr. 16, 2013 at 6:54 PM
3 moms liked this

One of the most moving and heart wrenching pics after 911 was the dead priest being carried by firemen.

I would not want the last moment of my loved ones life to be plastered all over the Internet for everyone to see.  

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this
From the Murrah Building bombing, the firefighter carrying the dead body of the little girl from the daycare - rips my heart out every time I see it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
carlyshort
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:14 PM
I don't recall seeing a picture of a dead person?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
shajdinyak
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Are you talking about thr pic where the man was over top of the woman? If so how do u know it was her? I didnt see a face...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:27 PM

I don't recall seeing it either. 

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:32 PM

No. There was a pic of a nurse checking the pulse of two women who were laying near one another. The one woman was reaching for the other, so I assume they knew each other. The one woman is the second person they confirmed dead. 

I really don't want to go find it, because I don't want to look at it again. And trust me, you don't want to see it, either. In the link I posted above, if you look in the comments section, some other people were discussing it as well, so apparently I'm not the only one who made the connection. 

Quoting shajdinyak:

Are you talking about thr pic where the man was over top of the woman? If so how do u know it was her? I didnt see a face...

shajdinyak
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Ugh awful:(

Quoting cjsbmom:

No. There was a pic of a nurse checking the pulse of two women who were laying near one another. The one woman was reaching for the other, so I assume they knew each other. The one woman is the second person they confirmed dead. 

I really don't want to go find it, because I don't want to look at it again. And trust me, you don't want to see it, either. In the link I posted above, if you look in the comments section, some other people were discussing it as well, so apparently I'm not the only one who made the connection. 

Quoting shajdinyak:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I saw that poor woman's lifeless eyes staring up every time I closed my eyes last night. I really, really wish I hadn't seen that photo, because I'll never get it out of my head. And as disturbing as I found it, I can imagine what her friends or family must think. Hopefully none of them have seen it. 

Quoting shajdinyak:

Ugh awful:(

Quoting cjsbmom:

Quoting shajdinyak:

katy_kay08
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:54 PM

was the image on NBC?  If yes, was it one of the ones that had a content warning?  

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Apr. 16, 2013 at 8:02 PM

No, it wasn't on NBC. And there was no content warning. It was just at the bottom of the story I was reading. Took me by surprise. 

Quoting katy_kay08:

was the image on NBC?  If yes, was it one of the ones that had a content warning?  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN