Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Comparing the yields of organic and conventional agriculture- A real science article!

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM
Replies (71-77):
krysstizzle
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Congratulations, you found another idiot on the internet who is missing the forest for the damn trees. Agriculture is much bigger. GMOs have larger repercussions than the potential effects of ingesting them.

*Pssst: there are many idiots on the internet; I could find you 15 links at least that agree with you. Doesn't make you any more right. Sorry.*

Quoting coronado25:

http://www.science20.com/michael_eisen/gmos_gene_transfer_neither_unnatural_nor_dangerous-91184

Here is one more person on the planet that shares my view.

coronado25
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Right back at you, babe.

Quoting krysstizzle:

Congratulations, you found another idiot on the internet who is missing the forest for the damn trees. Agriculture is much bigger. GMOs have larger repercussions than the potential effects of ingesting them.

*Pssst: there are many idiots on the internet; I could find you 15 links at least that agree with you. Doesn't make you any more right. Sorry.*

Quoting coronado25:

http://www.science20.com/michael_eisen/gmos_gene_transfer_neither_unnatural_nor_dangerous-91184

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frogbender
by Captain Underpants on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:00 PM

You really didn't even look at that, hmmm? The first man who was part of that is a geneticist. Which you are not. Well done. Now I know you have no idea what you are talking about. Keep cheering for Monsanto though. 

Quoting coronado25:

Earth Open Source is nothing I could consider to be a source of relevant, pertinent or accurate information.

Just looking at the links to their sources is silly because they don't even realize that some of the compounds they talk about don't have any place to work with inside of humans...They don't seem to understand how enzymes work or see anything as species specific...It reads like a magazine and smacks of propaganda.

Quoting frogbender:

*sigh* It's like trying to debate with a particularly dense post. How about you drop the bullshit and start looking at the real problems that GMOs cause? I'm not a fan of eating them and should have that option. However, my stance is based entirely on ethics. 

Also, how about some fun fact-based reading full of exciting sources for you?

http://earthopensource.org/files/pdfs/GMO_Myths_and_Truths/GMO_Myths_and_Truths_1.3.pdf

krysstizzle
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Careful, your facade is slipping...

Quoting coronado25:

Right back at you, babe.

Quoting krysstizzle:

Quoting coronado25:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Sounds like bullshit to me.

Quoting coronado25:

No. 
Everytime I visit I look for topics that interest me.

Genetics interests me more than any other subject aside from sailing.

It is no fault that my opinion happens to be different  and that I am adamant about the importance of checking the sources of any media article that uses shock value language. 

Quoting UpSheRises:

Because the only time you visit us is shortly after someone posts something anti-GMO all you do is sing it's praises.  

Quoting coronado25:

I get paid to bartend people.  Why, if I am so lousy to converse with on this issue, do you all keep saying I get paid to do the same thing that you all are doing...speaking your opinion on something!

coronado25
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Really enjoying reading "Earth Open Source" myths and truths....Here is a great quote

"Methylation of DNA and RNA leads to cell dysfunction and death, many later cancers, and birth defects, spina bifida, autism, preterm birth,Fetal Alcohol Sydrome"

Love it.  Because this is indeed true!! However without methylation, gene expression cannot happen, and life as we know it would cease.  This above sentence is like saying life causes death and disease.

So, they have a great section about how aspartane causes methylation of DNA and RNA!  

I just don't know where to begin...

What a wonderful website so rich in dichotomies like this!!

coronado25
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:03 PM

The only one with genetic background of any kind that I could find on this Earth Open Source Website was a man named Michael Antoniou.  After 28 years of working in genetics he still has yet to be 1st author on any paper usually he is listed 3rd at best or even paddy last.  I used to do animal work in the lab and even I got listed with credit on peer reviewed articles for my involvement with a study. 

Also, his title is "reader".  Do you know where that ranks in the UK?

He is also against embryonic stem cell research. Interesting!

But when I looked on at Earth's Open Source team, there are 2 marketers, 1 humanitarian leader, and a research writer...that is different than a researcher.  

Considering the content, and looking at the sources....this is proving to be some uber fun reading for me. 

I need a few giggles today, I have so many pies to bake for my son's school!

Quoting frogbender:

You really didn't even look at that, hmmm? The first man who was part of that is a geneticist. Which you are not. Well done. Now I know you have no idea what you are talking about. Keep cheering for Monsanto though. 

Quoting coronado25:

Earth Open Source is nothing I could consider to be a source of relevant, pertinent or accurate information.

Just looking at the links to their sources is silly because they don't even realize that some of the compounds they talk about don't have any place to work with inside of humans...They don't seem to understand how enzymes work or see anything as species specific...It reads like a magazine and smacks of propaganda.

Quoting frogbender:

*sigh* It's like trying to debate with a particularly dense post. How about you drop the bullshit and start looking at the real problems that GMOs cause? I'm not a fan of eating them and should have that option. However, my stance is based entirely on ethics. 

Also, how about some fun fact-based reading full of exciting sources for you?

http://earthopensource.org/files/pdfs/GMO_Myths_and_Truths/GMO_Myths_and_Truths_1.3.pdf

The cure for anything is saltwater.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN