Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Your family sucks!! Go on Facebook where life happens!

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM
  • 11 Replies

I find this horrible. To me it seems we are starting to cross a line. We cant sit down with our families and have a nice dinner anymore? Are we all doomed to get more and more detached from each other?

by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shoota
by Lauren on Apr. 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM

BUMP

Shoota
by Lauren on Apr. 18, 2013 at 1:58 AM

BUMP

pixie92
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:06 AM
shit if im on facebook my family is on facebook. Just today asking me for money, my sons at a friends and was iming me on there and asked said he could take it off my phone. I told him no. But in my house whoever isnt at work does have dinner with me and we all hangout together as often as possible, friday, saturday and monday nights are my nights out so they only get me all day and after i get hom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shoota
by Lauren on Apr. 18, 2013 at 2:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it is so important to have dinner together as a family with no distraction. I was raised this way though, every night, dinner with the family. My husband was not raised this way and sometimes doesn't see the value in it. Sometimes with all the technology out there, it is really pulling us apart, instead of "connecting" us.

Quoting pixie92:

shit if im on facebook my family is on facebook. Just today asking me for money, my sons at a friends and was iming me on there and asked said he could take it off my phone. I told him no. But in my house whoever isnt at work does have dinner with me and we all hangout together as often as possible, friday, saturday and monday nights are my nights out so they only get me all day and after i get hom.

Shoota
by Lauren on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:04 PM

BUMP!

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I agree.  My older kids with smart phones are told they are not allowed on the table during dinner.  You would of thought they may of been asked to amputate a limb...sigh.

Quoting Shoota:

I think it is so important to have dinner together as a family with no distraction. I was raised this way though, every night, dinner with the family. My husband was not raised this way and sometimes doesn't see the value in it. Sometimes with all the technology out there, it is really pulling us apart, instead of "connecting" us.

Quoting pixie92:

Shoota
by Lauren on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:12 PM

My DD is 6, and just other day she comes up to me and asks me, "Mommy? Can I put my face on Facebook?" After a little chuckle, I was like no way! Way to young for one, and Im not ready for that.

Quoting turtle68:

I agree.  My older kids with smart phones are told they are not allowed on the table during dinner.  You would of thought they may of been asked to amputate a limb...sigh.

Quoting Shoota:

Quoting pixie92:

katy_kay08
by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:14 PM

We sit down to dinner at least 6 nights a week.  There may be a night or two where we stagger dinner due to things happening but my older boys know not to even bring their cell phones with them when it's time to sit down.  

Tonight we are having our extended family dinner (my parent's are coming over) and plan to make this at least a once a week thing.  

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:16 PM
It depends on the family. We eat dinner together at the table as a family. We talk about our day and hang out while we eat. Sometimes we have music on and sing and eat LOL!

We also have Wednesday night family night. I make breakfast for dinner and we eat in the living room while playing a game.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shoota
by Lauren on Sep. 13, 2013 at 6:18 PM

That's awesome. Good for you. Its so good for the kids and family unit.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

It depends on the family. We eat dinner together at the table as a family. We talk about our day and hang out while we eat. Sometimes we have music on and sing and eat LOL!

We also have Wednesday night family night. I make breakfast for dinner and we eat in the living room while playing a game.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)