Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Newtown Parent Mark Mattioli interview with Megyn Kelly. Why he opposes the push for stricter gun laws.

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM
  • 23 Replies

Not all Newtown parents feel the same. My heart bleeds for every last one of them. 

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Mattioli "Major failing in Mental Health initiatives." 

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Did anyone see this when it aired? 

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:39 PM
4 moms liked this

He is correct in that there is a major failing in the mental health arena in this country. Guns alone did not cause Newtown to happen. They were the means by which an obviously mentally-ill individual carried out his plan. We've seen it time and again. Until the mental illness issue is addressed, nothing will really change. 

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:42 PM

I agree. I also agree with his statement that he holds Nancy Lanza partially responsible. I think she and her denial had a huge hand in this. 

Quoting cjsbmom:

He is correct in that there is a major failing in the mental health arena in this country. Guns alone did not cause Newtown to happen. They were the means by which an obviously mentally-ill individual carried out his plan. We've seen it time and again. Until the mental illness issue is addressed, nothing will really change. 

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:52 PM

I don't think she was in denial, but I do think she could have done more to get him the help he needed, even if it meant involuntarily committing him. 

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

I agree. I also agree with his statement that he holds Nancy Lanza partially responsible. I think she and her denial had a huge hand in this. 

Quoting cjsbmom:

LuvmyAiden
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM

You certainly won't see this guy being flown all over the country in air force one! Such crap that the media only lets one side be heard.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:09 PM

He doesn't fit their agenda. I was just tired of hearing people parade all Newtown parents in the same light. I will bet there are more that feel the same as he does, they just choose not to go public. 

Quoting LuvmyAiden:

You certainly won't see this guy being flown all over the country in air force one! Such crap that the media only lets one side be heard.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I do think she was in denial. Reportedly she took Adam to gun ranges and encouraged his love of guns, in order to bond with him. If she couldn't see that her son had issues, I call that denial. From all accounts he was socially withdrawn and had no interest in anything outside of his violent video games and shooting. That would concern me to begin with as a parent, add in the rest? I see denial. My question too? How is it that she NEVER saw his working spreadsheet they found at her house of massacres? Can you imagine having a kid that was so incredibly incapable, but yet didn't check his room? I can't. Jmo of course, 

Quoting cjsbmom:

I don't think she was in denial, but I do think she could have done more to get him the help he needed, even if it meant involuntarily committing him. 

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting cjsbmom:

lga1965
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this

He sure fits the FOX....Faux News agenda. I bet they have combed the Newtown area and finally found a parent who might not be in favor of gun control.

Nice. Good work. 

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

He doesn't fit their agenda. I was just tired of hearing people parade all Newtown parents in the same light. I will bet there are more that feel the same as he does, they just choose not to go public. 

Quoting LuvmyAiden:

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Iga. We all know your stance on guns. That's fine. But Fox didn't search him out. Nor did any other news organization search out the parents for it. They all made their opinions public. Do you really think that if either side of the argument was harassing these families we would not have heard about it? Like when the NRA was doing auto calls there. It wasn't the families that complained, the Huffington post got a hold of the information from a local gun control group, not because any of the victims wrote in.

I get you hate all guns for all private citizens, but claiming Fox sought this guy out doesn't help the argument. 

There are two sides to every argument. I know you know that. 

Quoting lga1965:

He sure fits the FOX....Faux News agenda. I bet they have combed the Newtown area and finally found a parent who might not be in favor of gun control.

Nice. Good work. 

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting LuvmyAiden:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN