Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newtown Parent Mark Mattioli interview with Megyn Kelly. Why he opposes the push for stricter gun laws.

Posted by   + Show Post

Not all Newtown parents feel the same. My heart bleeds for every last one of them. 

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Replies (21-23):
momto3B
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I think she was in a HUGE amout of denial with regard to how serioulsy ill he was. She may not have been able to forsee what he was going to do, but he was never the less, terribly ill in a way she could not manager by herself. 

Quoting cjsbmom:

I don't think she was in denial, but I do think she could have done more to get him the help he needed, even if it meant involuntarily committing him. 

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

I agree. I also agree with his statement that he holds Nancy Lanza partially responsible. I think she and her denial had a huge hand in this. 

Quoting cjsbmom:

He is correct in that there is a major failing in the mental health arena in this country. Guns alone did not cause Newtown to happen. They were the means by which an obviously mentally-ill individual carried out his plan. We've seen it time and again. Until the mental illness issue is addressed, nothing will really change. 

Lizard_Lina
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:15 PM
What are you talking about? Cuz all I got from her comment was that there seems to be an awful lot of "think of how the newtown parents feel" comments in regaurds to gun control and apparently this parent does not support gun control.

Quoting Raintree:

Bullshit. No one is on the radio telling this guy to 'go to hell'. And no one is on my facebook page telling me they agree that *those other parents should shut the fuck up.

No one is silencing anyone.

Quoting talia-mom:

I thought we were supposed to listen to the parents? Yeah, for the hypocrites it only

Counts if they support gun restrictions.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:32 PM

And at his age, she couldn't force him into treatment, either. *That* is a huge problem in this country. The obviously mentally ill have the right to refuse treatment, and can go on to become a menace to themselves or others. 

Quoting momto3B:

I think she was in a HUGE amout of denial with regard to how serioulsy ill he was. She may not have been able to forsee what he was going to do, but he was never the less, terribly ill in a way she could not manager by herself. 

Quoting cjsbmom:

I don't think she was in denial, but I do think she could have done more to get him the help he needed, even if it meant involuntarily committing him. 

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

I agree. I also agree with his statement that he holds Nancy Lanza partially responsible. I think she and her denial had a huge hand in this. 

Quoting cjsbmom:

He is correct in that there is a major failing in the mental health arena in this country. Guns alone did not cause Newtown to happen. They were the means by which an obviously mentally-ill individual carried out his plan. We've seen it time and again. Until the mental illness issue is addressed, nothing will really change. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured