Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I am DISGUSTED with this church. Update in Black update 2 in blue

Posted by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:48 AM
  • 205 Replies
1 mom liked this

A couple of detectives came and talked to Amy's parents. They said they were dropping charges due to victors age and the fact that no physical harm was caused. So I guess the ass whoopin was the only punishment he received...

Later one of the girls in the group started pressuring Amy to go back to the church. R. has a crush who goes there and she didn't want to attend alone. And the other girls didin't want to miss out on the beach trip. A secret plan was made for everyone to go back except my DD because "we all know her mom would never let her go." Damn straight! All of the girls except dd did go back a few times.

I was also messaged on FB by a couple of members. They said they missed seeing my kids in church. After I explained why they were never going back, I was told that I wasn't being fair. The church had nothing to do with the incident happening, they were only responsible for the poor boy's salvation. Then I was asked nicely to stop trying to persuade the other girls from attending. I took a lot of self control but I managed to end the conversation without making and terrorist threats...

Victor's step dad came to Amy's house yesterday. Her step dad and his are friends from way back. Victor's dad asked, "So, did he get it in there?" A-Dad, "No." V-Dad "Well then what's the big deal?" "We can just drop this shit now." A-dad "No we can't drop this shit!" "He tried to Rape my daughter." "Get the fuck outta here!"     Later Victors mom shows up and talks to Amy and her mom. V-mom "Look I know what he did was wrong." "If you drop the charges I'll beat his ass right here in front of you." A-mom "Do you really think a spanking is going to fix this?"

As some of you know, I've been having problems with this church for some time. I've allowed my daughter to go only because she begged me and her friends are there. But last night was the last straw...

It started a couple days ago. DD and a few friends (all 13)were hanging out in front. When I came out I noticed one of the girls Amy was crying and the side of her face was pink and puffy. No one would tell me what happened. After she left I got the story.

Victor *Quick background* He's a bad boy from the neighborhood. He's rude and disruptive, swears, gets high in the bathrooms, verbally abuses other kids including my dd and has a habit of horse playing to the point of pain, all while in bible study! I've asked numerous times for him to be expelled but I was told Church was a place for sinners. He needs to be there.

Amy said after church on Sunday she was walking to her friends house when she ran into Victor. He asked her for money, she said no so her hit her in the face. Then him and 4 of his friends made her come to his house. Once inside they dragged her to a bedroom. While a boy held the door shut from the outside
 the other ones groped her. Victor climbed on top of her and pulled down his pants then tried to unbutton hers. He felt her up and said she couldn't leave until she sucked all of them. Then he said they should just murder her so she wouldn't tell. She fought and cried the whole time and was finally let go.

Amy was afraid and refused to tell her mom. (The families are friends) But I convinced her to talk to the pastor on Wednesday. Yesterday we all went down to the church. She told him everything, he called the police and her mom and a report was made. After, I was told that Victor would be expelled from church NEVER allowed back.

8 oclock that night, I'm on my way to pick dd up when I see Amy sprinting towards me from the church parking lot. Guess who showed up for bible study? Victor. The moment he walked into the room the teacher gave him a big hug and said we're soo glad to have you back! Here sweetie, have a candy. Then she proceeded to sit him right next to Amy. Amy bolted from the room and threw up in the bathroom. She waited in the hall for the other girls until after church was over.

To top it off, the pastor and his wife came and talked to her. Pastor said he strongly recommends she not press charges. The church can handle the investigation. And she better be certain of the events because if she's lying, she'll be the one in Juvie. And really, is it worth ruining this poor boys life over an argument? (They got the boys side of the story and were going with that)

I was LIVID!!! I marched up to the church and saw the pastors wife. She smiled sweetly at me and asked what the problem was. I responded, I don't like the fact that you allowed attempted rapists at your church, that's what. The crowd went silent. She gave me a sour look and said that's something that needs to be kept private.

The pastor walked up and took me aside and gave me his explanation. You see, it was her word against 5 boys. No one really knows what happened in that room if anything. Church is a place for salvation. She was given a choice to leave when Victor showed up. And really, you have to wonder why she chose to stay, hmmm? I told him that he disgusted me, his entire church disgusted me and my children would NEVER set foot on these grounds again. I turned, left and never looked back.

Update: Last night she got a call from Victor. The police were arresting one of other the boys. He begged her to recant. He didn't want to go to jail. He was sorry. Amy hung up and blocked his number.

by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aamy
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow. And this is why I don't like churches. Glad you helped her. Hope she presses charges on all of the boys.

Quoting paganbaby:

As some of you know, I've been having problems with this church for some time. I've allowed my daughter to go only because she begged me and her friends are there. But last night was the last straw...

It started a couple days ago. DD and a few friends (all 13)were hanging out in front. When I came out I noticed one of the girls Amy was crying and the side of her face was pink and puffy. No one would tell me what happened. After she left I got the story.

Victor *Quick background* He's a bad boy from the neighborhood. He's rude and disruptive, swears, gets high in the bathrooms, verbally abuses other kids including my dd and has a habit of horse playing to the point of pain, all while in bible study! I've asked numerous times for him to be expelled but I was told Church was a place for sinners. He needs to be there.

Amy said after church on Sunday she was walking to her friends house when she ran into Victor. He asked her for money, she said no so her hit her in the face. Then him and 4 of his friends made her come to his house. Once inside they dragged her to a bedroom. While a boy held the door shut from the outside
 the other ones groped her. Victor climbed on top of her and pulled down his pants then tried to unbutton hers. He felt her up and said she couldn't leave until she sucked all of them. Then he said they should just murder her so she wouldn't tell. She fought and cried the whole time and was finally let go.

Amy was afraid and refused to tell her mom. (The families are friends) But I convinced her to talk to the pastor on Wednesday. Yesterday we all went down to the church. She told him everything, he called the police and her mom and a report was made. After, I was told that Victor would be expelled from church NEVER allowed back.

8 oclock that night, I'm on my way to pick dd up when I see Amy sprinting towards me from the church parking lot. Guess who showed up for bible study? Victor. The moment he walked into the room the teacher gave him a big hug and said we're soo glad to have you back! Here sweetie, have a candy. Then she proceeded to sit him right next to Amy. Amy bolted from the room and threw up in the bathroom. She waited in the hall for the other girls until after church was over.

To top it off, the pastor and his wife came and talked to her. Pastor said he strongly recommends she not press charges. The church can handle the investigation. And she better be certain of the events because if she's lying, she'll be the one in Juvie. And really, is it worth ruining this poor boys life over an argument? (They got the boys side of the story and were going with that)

I was LIVID!!! I marched up to the church and saw the pastors wife. She smiled sweetly at me and asked what the problem was. I responded, I don't like the fact that you allowed attempted rapists at your church, that's what. The crowd went silent. She gave me a sour look and said that's something that needs to be kept private.

The pastor walked up and took me aside and gave me his explanation. You see, it was her word against 5 boys. No one really knows what happened in that room if anything. Church is a place for salvation. She was given a choice to leave when Victor showed up. And really, you have to wonder why she chose to stay, hmmm? I told him that he disgusted me, his entire church disgusted me and my children would NEVER set foot on these grounds again. I turned, left and never looked back.

Update: Last night she got a call from Victor. The police were arresting one of other the boys. He begged her to recant. He didn't want to go to jail. He was sorry. Amy hung up and blocked his number.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:56 AM
7 moms liked this

I would go to the media.

disneymom2two
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:57 AM
4 moms liked this

Hopefully you do realize that not all churches are fucked up like that.  That's like saying they're all like the WBC.  Sweeping generalizations.  

I hope the girl presses charges and gets some therapy after what she's been through.  

Quoting Aamy:

Wow. And this is why I don't like churches. Glad you helped her. Hope she presses charges on all of the boys. 

CheesyKitty
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Holy cow that's crazy.Stick to your guns, if your kids miss thd spiritual aspects of church you can always find another.
paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 18, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I still have hope that his POS place doesn't reflect all churches.

Yes I do too. He mom was pissed and said the church can kiss off. She'll handle the police and wants them to have nothing to do with it.

Quoting Aamy:

Quoting paganbaby:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:00 PM
2 moms liked this

In some peoples minds we will never get passed the whole original sin thing:(  I am so sorry you had to deal with anyof this and I hope Amy stands strong and those boys are punished.

meriana
by Platinum Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:01 PM
What, pray tell, church is THAT? Good for you for helping and sticking up for Amy and good for Amy for telling and hopefully she'll press charges against the boys. Their behavior is criminal and won't get better if they are not stopped. As for the church...I have no words. I understand forgiveness but they were actually condoning the boys actions and the lying which is definitely NOT ok. I wouldn't go back either and I'd encourage the girls to find another church to attend, one where they are safe, one where such behavior (that of the boys) is neither tolerated or accepted.
Aamy
by Silver Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Ok maybe not the church's, more like the religion.

Quoting disneymom2two:

Hopefully you do realize that not all churches are fucked up like that.  That's like saying they're all like the WBC.  Sweeping generalizations.  

I hope the girl presses charges and gets some therapy after what she's been through.  

Quoting Aamy:

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

We are. DD and I are looking at other churches as we speak. Amy said she'll go where ever dd attends.

Quoting CheesyKitty:

Holy cow that's crazy.Stick to your guns, if your kids miss thd spiritual aspects of church you can always find another.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickers

PinkButterfly66
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Is Amy's mom going to go thru with pressing charges on all of those boys?  

Quoting paganbaby:

I still have hope that his POS place doesn't reflect all churches.

Yes I do too. He mom was pissed and said the church can kiss off. She'll handle the police and wants them to have nothing to do with it.

Quoting Aamy:

Quoting paganbaby:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)