Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Counselor Fired for Comment on Facebook after West, TX Incident

GRAND PRAIRIE -- Karon Wright, a middle school counselor in Grand Prairie ISD, has been "immediately relieved of all duties," the district said, after an offensive remark written from her Facebook account on WFAA-TV's Facebook page in regards to the explosion in West, Texas.

"It's amazing how the 'whites' get angry when Obama speaks," the comment read. "Oh well....its most of the whites who is getting blown away. So they will soon be wiped from the earth. Lol"

The district said in a statement they found the statement to be "highly offensive, insensitive to the tragedy happening to our friends and neighbors in West, and disrespectful to the very human bond that we share with the people of West, especially those who have lost their loved ones."

Link:
http://www.wfaa.com/news/education/Grand-Prairie-councilor-relieved-of-duties-after-comment-on-WFAAs-Facebook-page-203681141.html
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Replies (21-30):
rfurlongg
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Goodness...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whitleypittman
by on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Hacked or not, she could have easily deleted the damn thing if it wasn't her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashellbell
by shellbark on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Wow. I'm glad she was fired. That was disgusting.
candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:58 PM
I wonder if she went to the Reverend Jeremiah Wright' Church and practiced black liberation theology. It sure sounds like it.
Quoting talia-mom:

Hacked fb my ass.

She probably drunk facebooked
candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:01 PM
You do realize she is speaking in ebonics and it wasn't too long ago that a certain faction wanted to make that into an acceptable form of the english language. SMH
Quoting leanntx:

"It's amazing how the 'whites' get angry when Obama speaks," the comment read. "Oh well....its most of the whites who IS getting blown away. So they will soon be wiped from the earth. Lol"

Despite the fact that the comment is extremely insensitive, as well as racist, who would want someone teaching their children when they can't even "speak" using proper grammar?? I commend the district for taking action.
momma2mms
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I live about 45 minutes from there. What a piece of shit. She totally disrespected the people who died/lost loved ones and she sounds quite hateful.

ReginaStar
by Gold Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Disgusting. Good thing she was fired. 

leanntx
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:27 PM
1 mom liked this
"It's amazing how the 'whites' get angry when Obama speaks," the comment read. "Oh well....its most of the whites who IS getting blown away. So they will soon be wiped from the earth. Lol"

Despite the fact that the comment is extremely insensitive, as well as racist, who would want someone teaching their children when they can't even "speak" using proper grammar?? I commend the district for taking action.
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Wow. Now that is RACIST!!! Blatantly so. She should get fired. Smh. 

leanntx
by Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Yes, I realize that. It's ridiculous, I've never understood why people would willingly talk like that. Also SMH!!

Quoting candlegal:

You do realize she is speaking in ebonics and it wasn't too long ago that a certain faction wanted to make that into an acceptable form of the english language. SMH

Quoting leanntx:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)