Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should a man have a right to choose?

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you think men should have a right to choose whether his child is aborted?

If a woman says she wants to abort, but the father of the baby wants to raise the child himself, should he be able to?

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Replies (21-30):
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:39 AM

No, I do not think a man should be able to control a woman's body.

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:39 AM
I realize that my position isn't a popular one. But I still don't see why if the life is wanted by the other parent, why wouldn't that baby be at least given that chance to live.

I also realize that decision is not the best to be made in situations of abuse and rape. That's not what I'm talking about.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Because she is unable to walk away from the pregnancy, there are still risks that only she assumes by carrying the fetus to term.  

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

If she doesn't want it and he takes on the full responsibility of raising that child, why shouldn't he?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jean_marie1987
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Agreed. He shouldn't be denied his child just because the woman doesn't want it. I think there should be rules of some sort for if this happens - to protect the rights of the woman who didn't want the kid.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

If she doesn't want it and he takes on the full responsibility of raising that child, why shouldn't he?

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:42 AM
3 moms liked this
Then he needs to make sure a woman is agreeable to carrying his child before he puts his penis in her. You can't enforce pregnancy.

Quoting jean_marie1987:

Agreed. He shouldn't be denied his child just because the woman doesn't want it. I think there should be rules of some sort for if this happens - to protect the rights of the woman who didn't want the kid.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

The_Doodle
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this

It sucks for men who do want a child that is aborted, but he should not have a legal say. No one person should have the higher hand on decisions based on someone else's body.

jean_marie1987
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I am of the belief that the woman has the right to choose, but I also believe that if that child is wanted by the other parent (or even a relative) that the child should live. I know I have a contradicting opinion, but that's just how I feel.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

I realize that my position isn't a popular one. But I still don't see why if the life is wanted by the other parent, why wouldn't that baby be at least given that chance to live.

I also realize that decision is not the best to be made I situations of abuse and rape. That's not what I'm talking about.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Because she is unable to walk away from the pregnancy, there are still risks that only she assumes by carrying the fetus to term.  

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

rosaleeandtwo
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:43 AM
1 mom liked this
When he can get pregnant and carry the child, yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jean_marie1987
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM
3 moms liked this

Agreed. But what makes the woman any less responsible? Obviously in the case that a penis was inserted the chance of a child is there, which means they should be aware of the agreeable to carrying his child, too (except in cases of forced entry).
  Just because she wanted the fun but not the consequence is no reason to get rid of a child that he now wants.

Quoting jessilin0113:

Then he needs to make sure a woman is agreeable to carrying his child before he puts his penis in her. You can't enforce pregnancy.

Quoting jean_marie1987:

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM
I agree with you. You said it better than I did because that's how I feel.

Quoting jean_marie1987:

I am of the belief that the woman has the right to choose, but I also believe that if that child is wanted by the other parent (or even a relative) that the child should live. I know I have a contradicting opinion, but that's just how I feel.

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

I also realize that decision is not the best to be made I situations of abuse and rape. That's not what I'm talking about.

Quoting katy_kay08:

Quoting JoshRachelsMAMA:

motha2daDuchess
by Bruja on Apr. 19, 2013 at 11:46 AM
2 moms liked this
if he can "make" you keep it, he can "make" you get rid of it....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured