Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Dungeons and Dragons is a destroyer of lives!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:52 PM
  • 75 Replies

Pat Robertson Claims Dungeons and Dragons has 'Destroyed People's Lives'  

article image
By Michael Allen, Thu, April 18, 2013

On the 700 Club today, a letter from a viewer named "John" asked Pat Robertson: "Is it safe for a Christian to enjoy video games that have magic in them, if the person playing the games is not practicing the magic?"

"I don't know what game you're talking about, but there's one called Dungeons and Dragons that has literally destroyed people's lives," said Robertson, reports RightWingWatch.org.

"If it's based on the occult and magic, then stay away from it. There are other games you can play... I just think we should flee from evil."

In 2007, Robertson warned viewers that some martial artists who practice karate were "inhaling some demon spirits" before they started and their "enormous strength doesn't come from a human source, but a demonic source" (video below).

Source: RightWingWatch.org

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I remember back in the 80s there was an afterschool special where a player lost his mind.

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this

While I don't necessarily agree with him about his idea of why it destroy lives. There are those out there that take this game and other games very seriously they are no different than any other addict and can destroy their lives.

IhartU
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I can understand how anything- religion included , can become an obsession and ruin lives but just because something has *gasp* magic in it, doesn't mean it's automatically going to ruin lives. lol.

OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Wow...

***shakes head***

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Sooooooo .... magic like, say, water changing into wine?  Like a single fish and loaf serving a mob?  Like a sea being parted to let a people escape tyranny?  Like  virgin being impregnanted by a god...  only to later be taken bodily to heaven?  Like a dead man getting up, rolling a massive stone from his grave and walking around with crucifiction wounds? 

Yeah, magic bad ... unless it is Christian magic.  Of course. 

\

Communication is a two way street.  Don't expect me to listen to you if you refuse to listen to me.  We will never move forward until we all listen to EACH OTHER!!

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM
5 moms liked this
In other news, Pat Robinson has announce that he got his warlock to level 85 this past weekend on the game World of Warcraft.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Locks are so OP at lvl 90!

Quoting Donna6503:

In other news, Pat Robinson has announce that he got his warlock to level 85 this past weekend on the game World of Warcraft.

tscritch
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Oh my god I remember that!!!!!!! Thanks, now I feel old! lol

Quoting survivorinohio:

I remember back in the 80s there was an afterschool special where a player lost his mind.

tscritch
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM

This was my first thought too.

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

Sooooooo .... magic like, say, water changing into wine?  Like a single fish and loaf serving a mob?  Like a sea being parted to let a people escape tyranny?  Like  virgin being impregnanted by a god...  only to later be taken bodily to heaven?  Like a dead man getting up, rolling a massive stone from his grave and walking around with crucifiction wounds? 

Yeah, magic bad ... unless it is Christian magic.  Of course. 

ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:54 PM
3 moms liked this
I keep pointing my Elder Wand replica at Pat Robertson and yelling "Avada Kedavra", but it doesn't seem to be working. Apparently the wand doesn't recognize me as it's true owner. :-(

Time to plan a trip back to Ollivanders at the WWOHP.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)