Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Man who lost both legs (and seen in many photos from that day) ID'd the suspects

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

This man is incredible. Despite the trauma he suffered, he wanted to help. I have no doubt he is going to be a true survivor and will go on to make meaningful contributions in this world. God bless him.

Jeff Bauman, helped by first responders in Boston, & two suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing (© Kelvin Ma/Bloomberg/Getty Images; FBI via Getty Images)

Jeff Bauman, who lost both legs in Boston attack, helped ID suspects

7 hrs ago

Jeff Bauman was still in intensive care, heavily sedated after surgery, but he had something he desperately needed to tell his brother. "He woke up under so much drugs, asked for a paper and pen and wrote, ‘bag, saw the guy, looked right at me,'" Chris Bauman said. Jeff, the ashen-faced, wheelchair-bound man in that iconic photo taken in the aftermath of Monday's Boston Marathon bombings, gave a description of the suspect to the FBI, telling them that he wore "a cap, sunglasses and a black jacket over a hooded sweatshirt." He told them that he locked eyes with the attacker as he placed the bomb-filled bag at the finish line - the bomb that took both of Bauman's legs. [Source]

Click to see more on msnNOW.com, updated 24 hours a day. 

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Meadowchik
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow! God bless this man. I look forward to seeing him walk again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:29 PM

So the bombers are brothers. 26 & 19. The 26 year old was killed last night. He had a wife and child. Wonder where they are, if police are talking with her now for info. I guess the CT police are watching for the 19 year old now.

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:31 PM

What a strong man!

paganbaby
by Teflon Don on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Has anyone said why this happened?

littlecolton07
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow!! He's a bad ass to be able to do that after the trauma he has been through.
junebaby11
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Im just wondering why they did this we wil probably never know for all we know there could be more of them
krazylady602
by Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:43 PM

ok as good as it may sound every one knows the rule snitches get stiches then lay down in ditches i think its awsome he came foraward had the courage and heart to speak up and god bless him i hope he does walk again but i hope nothing happens to him i think i am just watching too many crime drama shows on tv 

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Not yet. With one suspect dead and the other missing (and unlikely to give himself up alive anyway), we'll probably never know. I fear this is part of a larger plot/group and this is just the beginning. 

Quoting paganbaby:

Has anyone said why this happened?

TimetoMomUp
by Runt on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:19 PM

I wonder why my comment was erased?  Maybe this is another post with same info. 

TimetoMomUp
by Runt on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I apologize.  Different post, same info.  :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured