Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Cliques, hey we havent talked about them in a while ;)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM
  • 174 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do you feel as if there are cliques here?

I think there used to be and that they have mostly dispersed, members leaving and so on.

Do you feel welcome to speak your mind here?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TugBoatMama
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

I notice a few ladies that frequently talk to one another but I don't know that I would use the word "clique" to describe them. I don't mind responding to posts at all if I know of something I think I could add to a discussion or a question. I don't like making my own posts. Idk why I just have no real desire to.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I think there used to be but I haven't notice them for awhile now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rfurlongg
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:36 PM
3 moms liked this
I respond if the topic is of interest. I do not worry so much about the other stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Not cliques necessarily. Not in here. People tend to relate better to the other people who share their political views or who take the same stance on controversial topics, but I don't think that makes them a clique.
parentalrights1
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:44 PM
7 moms liked this
There's a bunch of conservative members who always defend eachother and always have to deflect a post that reflects negatively on conservatism or christianity
punky3175
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:45 PM
3 moms liked this
I know there are women here that I greatly respect so probably spend more time responding to their posts. But I haven't seen any real 'cliques' lately where many women gang up on another. I know they used to be here and I see the individual members but not the groups anymore.
OHgirlinCA
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:46 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't think there's cliques in here.  I do feel free to speak my mind here.  I know not everyone is going to like what I have to say, and that's ok.  It doesn't bother me.

..MoonShine..
by Redwood Witch on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Pretty much. 

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

I don't think there's cliques in here.  I do feel free to speak my mind here.  I know not everyone is going to like what I have to say, and that's ok.  It doesn't bother me.

candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:00 PM
WE finally got enough conservative members that haven't been scared off. I know many conservatives that couldn't handle some of the cliques that used to be in this group. Talk about ganging up on people. When I started in this group, it was miserable for conservatives. I almost left a couple of times but I am stubborn enough, I decided those liberals weren't running me off. Some of the nastier liberals left. Many that are still here aren't nearly as bad or as toxic.
Quoting parentalrights1:

There's a bunch of conservative members who always defend eachother and always have to deflect a post that reflects negatively on conservatism or christianity
candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I know that there used to be but most of them seem to be broken up. It is not nearly as bad in here as it used to be :)
Quoting punky3175:

I know there are women here that I greatly respect so probably spend more time responding to their posts. But I haven't seen any real 'cliques' lately where many women gang up on another. I know they used to be here and I see the individual members but not the groups anymore.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)