Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Cliques, hey we havent talked about them in a while ;)

Do you feel as if there are cliques here?

I think there used to be and that they have mostly dispersed, members leaving and so on.

Do you feel welcome to speak your mind here?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Replies (11-20):
candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL, it's about time, it used to be the other way around. What goes around comes around, right? :)
Quoting parentalrights1:

There's a bunch of conservative members who always defend eachother and always have to deflect a post that reflects negatively on conservatism or christianity
Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:09 PM
3 moms liked this
No, not really. I have been in groups where just replying got you jumped by the same group of women every time, even if what you said was the same things they said. One would quote you, and the rest would keep quoting with sarcastic replies about you. So ridiculous. I'm only a part of one of those groups now but I very rearly go to that group. It seems that every time these groups are broken up by some drama within the group.

I feel very comfortable posting in here. I kind of know by now who disagrees with everything I say, and that's just fine.
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:13 PM
5 moms liked this
I'm not part of a clique, though there are several women here whom I agree with. There are also those women with whom I don't always see eye to eye, but I respect their right to feel as they do.

I've never been a clique-y chick, mainly because I just don't give a hoot what people think about me. I say live your life and ill live mine.

That's my kind of harmony.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I do think there are ... because I think they're often kind of inevitable: people tend to spend time with people they like, and they tend to think in similar ways ... 

... when they're not very mature, they tend to attack others in similar ways too.

Iconoclast
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM
4 moms liked this
I speak freely no matter the place or audience. I think that there are cliques here, there are posts that are avoided because some members post the same topic daily and before openjng the post you know gist of it and responders in attendance. There are some that post to fight and they have "friends" who are more interested in the fight than responding truthfully to the topic.
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think it's clique-y here.  I came in here a while back and found it easy to join in, and I see new members contributing.  I have never been into cliques, I hate groups that try to make themselves special by excluding people.  I hope people don't see it as clique-y.

I do tend to respond to certain posters more than others, but that is because I have known them in other groups and know them well.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Compared to how it use to be, I don't think it's very cliquey anymore. There are some people I avoid because one minute they're liking my posts and the next minute they're calling me stupid. They tend to be on the ends of the spectrum. 

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Well I wouldn't call it 'cliques', I call it bullies. There are a group of about 5 moms or more, that does join in to attack one person. Reminds, me of bullies at achools. It's funny because you can see one of these moms on a thread, yet they don't attack you. Even when you are saying something very outspoken. I did that once & I was all ready for a huge attack lol. Yet, I didn't get that. I just think because it was just one of these moms in there. Had the others of joined, I'm sure the same would happen. Kinda wish we can all just have our differences, yet not bash others for their opinion. Challenge that person in a debate, that's what I think is fun. Not going into a thread, & see people bash just 1 person, all because they think differently. I speak my mind & how I feel about an issue, even if I know I'd probably get bashed. I'm pretty subborn as well. :)
AMBG825
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:46 PM

Absolutely there are cliques here. I can tell which ones they are by who jumps in on the dogpiles. If you have someone that you agree with 80+% of the time and the minute you dare tell one of their buddies that you don't agree and all of a sudden they "never" agree with you just because they're making it up to support their little buddy .... yeah ...that's high school clique behavior.

and if you find yourself disagreeing with someone that you like and they end up disagreeing with someone else and you start insulting that person even though you actually agree with the person you're insulting - you might still be in high school.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:50 PM
1 mom liked this
It used to be MUCH worse in here.

I have ladies I get along with better than others but even the ones I like the most I still disagree with from time to time :-)

I always feel free to speak my mind
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN