Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Cliques, hey we havent talked about them in a while ;)

Do you feel as if there are cliques here?

I think there used to be and that they have mostly dispersed, members leaving and so on.

Do you feel welcome to speak your mind here?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:50 PM
5 moms liked this

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well I wouldn't call it 'cliques', I call it bullies. There are a group of about 5 moms or more, that does join in to attack one person. Reminds, me of bullies at achools. It's funny because you can see one of these moms on a thread, yet they don't attack you. Even when you are saying something very outspoken. I did that once & I was all ready for a huge attack lol. Yet, I didn't get that. I just think because it was just one of these moms in there. Had the others of joined, I'm sure the same would happen. Kinda wish we can all just have our differences, yet not bash others for their opinion. Challenge that person in a debate, that's what I think is fun. Not going into a thread, & see people bash just 1 person, all because they think differently. I speak my mind & how I feel about an issue, even if I know I'd probably get bashed. I'm pretty subborn as well. :)

You have accused me of this when I just simply disagreed with what you are saying.

People disagreeing doesnt mean they are bullying.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 7:55 PM
I think it's very cliquey here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Yeah, I never understood that Candlegal. I mean what difference does it make if one is a Liberal or Conv., Dem. or Rep. or 3rd Party. Seems, to me that's what makes us all unique. Instead of attacking one another, why can't we all just debate in a manner that has us ALL able to give our opinions. Without the name calling. Ask questions of that person, not just call them all these horrible names.
Quoting candlegal:

LOL, it's about time, it used to be the other way around. What goes around comes around, right? :)
Quoting parentalrights1:

There's a bunch of conservative members who always defend eachother and always have to deflect a post that reflects negatively on conservatism or christianity

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Idk, I call it bullies, like in school. Even out in society, it like they have to have SEVERAL in a group, then I guess that makes them tougher. Everytime I see it here on CM, I laugh. Because, it's just like out in society or in our schools. It takes SEVERAL of them, to get the courage (I guess) to go up & gang up on just 1 person. I think they NEED at least a few of them in order to feel tough.
Quoting coolmommy2x:

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:14 PM
If I have & if you simply have just disagreed with me, I'm cool with that :) So, if I have accused you of this, I'm sorry. But, wouldn't you agree there is disagreeing & there's DISAGREEING that many moms on here also uses attack words. Insulting words. If someone disagrees with another poster, just say it. Ask questions of them. Don't just 'assume' right off the bat, challenge them on an issue & ask questions on WHY a person feels the way they do. People might be really surprised what they learn, if they only gives it a try.
Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Well I wouldn't call it 'cliques', I call it bullies. There are a group of about 5 moms or more, that does join in to attack one person. Reminds, me of bullies at achools. It's funny because you can see one of these moms on a thread, yet they don't attack you. Even when you are saying something very outspoken. I did that once & I was all ready for a huge attack lol. Yet, I didn't get that. I just think because it was just one of these moms in there. Had the others of joined, I'm sure the same would happen. Kinda wish we can all just have our differences, yet not bash others for their opinion. Challenge that person in a debate, that's what I think is fun. Not going into a thread, & see people bash just 1 person, all because they think differently. I speak my mind & how I feel about an issue, even if I know I'd probably get bashed. I'm pretty subborn as well. :)

You have accused me of this when I just simply disagreed with what you are saying.

People disagreeing doesnt mean they are bullying.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:16 PM
That could be. I don't know why so many are opposed to having a respectful two way conversation.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Idk, I call it bullies, like in school. Even out in society, it like they have to have SEVERAL in a group, then I guess that makes them tougher. Everytime I see it here on CM, I laugh. Because, it's just like out in society or in our schools. It takes SEVERAL of them, to get the courage (I guess) to go up & gang up on just 1 person. I think they NEED at least a few of them in order to feel tough.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gludwig2000
by Gina on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:17 PM
Things have calmed down considerably here in this group, imo. Cliques, yeah it was like that, but its better now.
nb34
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:20 PM

Hmmm! Yes I have noticed that a bit! But maybe not recently as much.

krysstizzle
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Nah, I don't think so. Some issues can be polarizing, and there are always sets of people that will fall on one side or the other. But I don't think a set of people will similar views who are outspoken means they're a clique. 

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

eye rolling

Quoting parentalrights1:

There's a bunch of conservative members who always defend eachother and always have to deflect a post that reflects negatively on conservatism or christianity

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)