Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cliques, hey we havent talked about them in a while ;)

Do you feel as if there are cliques here?

I think there used to be and that they have mostly dispersed, members leaving and so on.

Do you feel welcome to speak your mind here?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Whats to be scared of?

Quoting candlegal:

WE finally got enough conservative members that haven't been scared off. I know many conservatives that couldn't handle some of the cliques that used to be in this group. Talk about ganging up on people. When I started in this group, it was miserable for conservatives. I almost left a couple of times but I am stubborn enough, I decided those liberals weren't running me off. Some of the nastier liberals left. Many that are still here aren't nearly as bad or as toxic.
Quoting parentalrights1:

There's a bunch of conservative members who always defend eachother and always have to deflect a post that reflects negatively on conservatism or christianity

Kelseyciarah
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM
3 moms liked this

It has gotten better...

I think this group and its active members are primarily made up of extreme liberals, I'd say 99% are liberals, so those like me that are conservative on the big issues are pretty much outcasted and outnumbered.

proprolife.gif picture by piink-lem0nade

Happily married Mama to one angelbaby, a son born 10-19-10, and a daughter born 3-20-12

jessilin0113
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:27 PM
2 moms liked this
I hate all of you so i don't care what you think of me. Nyah. ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
krysstizzle
by DeepThought on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't think so. I think the majority are generally liberal/left leaning, but certainly not 99%. And extreme left is much smaller than that. 

Quoting Kelseyciarah:

It has gotten better...

I think this group and its active members are primarily made up of extreme liberals, I'd say 99% are liberals, so those like me that are conservative on the big issues are pretty much outcasted and outnumbered.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:33 PM
For me, it's really fun to debate on different issues. People all have their own experiences in their lives. Perhaps, some are just bitter people. Maybe, they are angry inside, so they come here to vent. OR maybe there just are some really mean moms on here. I wish that this group would discuss issues in a respectful way. Actually, it seems a lot more mellow in here lately. I feel that I can say how I feel about things, without always being attacked. :)
Quoting coolmommy2x:

That could be. I don't know why so many are opposed to having a respectful two way conversation.

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Idk, I call it bullies, like in school. Even out in society, it like they have to have SEVERAL in a group, then I guess that makes them tougher. Everytime I see it here on CM, I laugh. Because, it's just like out in society or in our schools. It takes SEVERAL of them, to get the courage (I guess) to go up & gang up on just 1 person. I think they NEED at least a few of them in order to feel tough.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

I think it's very cliquey here.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I have felt that way lots of times. I don't mean to sound mean myself, but it seems that SO many Liberals on here, like to attack those that aren't. I wonder why that is. I mean, just debate issues here, tell me WHY Liberals are right & Conservatives are wrong. Be honest though, that's what I don't see very much in here. Occasionally, I do though. I have found a couple of very nice moms on here, that are Liberals. But, so many are just so hateful & mean.
Quoting Kelseyciarah:

It has gotten better...

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Lol. Well for me, I like to take a different approach lol. I just would say, I have my opinion & you have yours. But, that's ok. :) Just don't be mean to me...lol
Quoting jessilin0113:

I hate all of you so i don't care what you think of me. Nyah. ;)

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Since the general election has passed, the rhetoric has improved, big time.

Religion remains a hot button issue.

Naturewoman4
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:51 PM
I wonder why it is that there is mostly Liberals on here. What has them believing in being a Liberal vs. a Conservative. To me there seems to be a middle-ground in what I believe. A LOT of the things a Liberal says, I totally disagree and am against. MOST of what Conservatives say, I do agree with. But, I can't say I believe in everything they say. It seems that anytime a person just brings up Obama, wow they are going to get a real bashing! lol..But, then I wonder why? Why can't people talk about Obama, that they don't like him. OR the things they don't like about him. WITHOUT getting attacked?
Quoting krysstizzle:

I don't think so. I think the majority are generally liberal/left leaning, but certainly not 99%. And extreme left is much smaller than that. 

Quoting Kelseyciarah:

It has gotten better...

MrsSamMerlotte
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 8:54 PM
I honestly have no idea. I don't think it matters much anyway. It is silly to feel the need to belong to a clique online.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured