Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Children of violence

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:23 AM
  • 1 Replies

Not long ago I talked about my grandson having issues for drawing a hunting related picture with guns at school.  That event brought about a lot of conversation in my house about guns and children and violence and why there something I hate about a gun in the hands of a child. (yep sorry to my gun rights friends) 

We discussed at that time that many children are forced into lives with guns in this world and I did some googling.  He saw their faces and immediately got it, guns arent so fun.

How will we, in this bubble free from wartime experiences, first hand anyway, ever really understand how the children of war are impacted?.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
rfurlongg
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:12 PM
We are only "bubble free from wartime" in this country.

There is actually quite a bit of research on children of war.

While our country may not be seeing traditional warfare on our grounds children that grow up in violent neighborhoods throughout this nation experience similar trauma as children living in war torn regions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)