Go Green: Reduce, Reuse & Recycle! ...and WIN Prizes!
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! It's a catchy reminder to take care of the Earth.
Here are some easy ways you can live this motto every day:
- Switch to Cloth. Save money and the environment by ditching paper towels, napkins and disposable diapers and switching to cloth.
- Save Electricity. Save energy and reduce your power bill by turning off lights & electronics you aren't using and unplugging chargers when items are charged.
- Reuse Foil, Plastic & Paper. Reuse plastic storage bags that only contained dry goods instead of using fresh bags every time. Rinse off aluminum foil to use again and save untorn wrapping paper and gift bags for future gifts.
- Upcycle. Reuse and repurpose items - prevent wasting potentially useful materials by making use of existing ones.
- Recycle. Know your community's recycling rules and recycling center locations. Sort trash accordingly and make sure to wash plastic and glass containers before tossing them into recycling bins to help your community's recycling program run more smoothly.
- Donate. One Mom's trash is another Mom's treasure! Donate items that someone else could use to the Salvation Army, Goodwill, freecycle, a local shelter or any other place that takes donations.
Reply to this post and let us know if you do any of these things. Share any other ideas that you have to Reduce, Reuse & Recycle.
Click here to start your Earth Day Journey from the beginning:
Join our Earth Day Journey - Win a $50 Gift Card and lots of other Prizes, too!