Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Go Green: Reduce, Reuse & Recycle! ...and WIN Prizes!

Posted by   + Show Post

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle! It's a catchy reminder to take care of the Earth.

Here are some easy ways you can live this motto every day:

• Switch to Cloth. Save money and the environment by ditching paper towels, napkins and disposable diapers and switching to cloth.
  • Save Electricity. Save energy and reduce your power bill by turning off lights & electronics you aren't using and unplugging chargers when items are charged.
  • Reuse Foil, Plastic & Paper. Reuse plastic storage bags that only contained dry goods instead of using fresh bags every time. Rinse off aluminum foil to use again and save untorn wrapping paper and gift bags for future gifts.
  • Upcycle. Reuse and repurpose items - prevent wasting potentially useful materials by making use of existing ones.
  • Recycle. Know your community's recycling rules and recycling center locations. Sort trash accordingly and make sure to wash plastic and glass containers before tossing them into recycling bins to help your community's recycling program run more smoothly.
  • Donate.  One Mom's trash is another Mom's treasure!  Donate items that someone else could use to the Salvation Army, Goodwill, freecycle, a local shelter or any other place that takes donations.

Reply to this post
and let us know if you do any of these things. 
Share any other ideas that you have to Reduce, Reuse & Recycle.

Then, click here to Green Your Clean! >>

recycling sweetpeaClick here to start your Earth Day Journey from the beginning:
Join our Earth Day Journey - Win a $50 Gift Card and lots of other Prizes, too!

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Replies (241-248):
SaraCate
by Member on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:17 PM

All the above!  Re: electricity, we also have some things on power bars (microwave, TV + accessories when we had one) that we turn off when not in use.

sakura912
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 8:29 AM
I always turn off light and unplug appliances that can draw electricity. I try to reuse any plastic take out containers, we don't do this often enough to have a lot of them, but they work great as little containers to put magnatetic letters and numbers in. We thrift shop and we donate. I have not tried using cloth napkins... That would be a great way to help save a few trees. Sure it might add an extra load to my laundry, but I only run the washr with a full load in it. I have to see about getting a clothing line put up, so I won't have to run the dryer as much.
LadySaphira
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I donate clothing my children have outgrown

Bmat
by Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I have a bag of clothes ready to donate this Friday. :)

emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 7:05 PM

i upcycle

ItWorkswraps
by New Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:03 AM

What is everyones opinion on green all natural wellness products? I am a distributor and need help trying to figure out my best way to market. Do you guys use wellness products? If so why? What do you hope for in using them? I am just trying to bouce ideas off others, you can feel free to do the same for towards me. I distrubute wraps, facial products and many more things. Has anyone ever had a wrap or facial? One that was with all natural products? If so what was your experience? 

analeen
by New Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM

In my own experience some of the ways  on how we can take care our mother earth is by reusing plastic bags and paper..Most of the times after going to market I usually have many plastic bags and instead of throwing it away in a garbage can I keep it and reuse it when I need it. Paper also I used it as scratch paper but I never throw paper without using it for a purpose.

gwenevere12
by New Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:30 AM

i do all but the cloth one but im gonna try it the only time i use paper towels is for my birds dishes and my mirrors as the cloth spears the glass

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured