Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sensitive post. Is anyone here a parole examiner, or do you know one? What are their qualifications and education? *edt*

Posted by   + Show Post

Long story in a nut shell. 

I was molested by a convicted murderer and rapist when I was 4.5. He had just been released from prison after a an 11 year sentence for his first rape and murder, yes only 11 damn years, and 2 weeks after he assaulted me, he raped and murdered another woman, then raped and bludgeoned another woman and left her for dead. She survived, but lost an eye, and suffered tbi from her injuries. He was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole. That was in 1986. 

The courts where unaware of my assault at the time he was sentenced as my parents were not yet aware of what happened. 

He has mailed threats to my family over the years, made it a point to know where we are, and I believe sends the letters to scare us. It's a game for him. 

We got a call a few months back that he has a "parole" hearing. Dumbfounded, we contacted the parole commission. I still don't quite understand how he is being given an opportunity at parole, but originally we were told there is no way he would have it granted. I was asked to write a letter to the parole board and several other family members did also. 

Today I got a call from my mom. The "parole examiner" gave their recommendation FOR parole. That means he could be back in my area in as little as 2 months. 

What is a parole examiner, and what are their unique qualifications? Are the a psychiatrist, or psychologist? I cannot for the life of me understand how any sane or educated person could allow this monster back out on our streets. I am furious. I am scared, and I am disgusted. 

I have started a letter to this moron. I have had to rewrite numerous times because my emotions get the better of me and I sound like an uneducated, foul mouthed moron. 

I don't know what to do. The parole hearing is scheduled for 1 May. I am sick over this. Advice  is very much welcomed. 

*edit* Talked with the state attorney. He has requested another examination for this week by a psychiatrist and a different examiner, and assured me he will fight tooth and nail to make sure he is not paroled. He also said the surviving victim will be present at the hearing to testify, and that if he thinks the parole board is looking like they may approve parole, he will request a continuance so that I, and my family can be heard in person. Fingers crossed. 

*edit #2* The parole hearing has come and gone. Neither my mom or I was able to attend due to the changes they made and we still have not heard the outcome. I am in knots. She thinks they would have called ASAP if he was paroled, and I think they would have called ASAP either way to put our minds at ease or warn us. I also think they might delay if it was bad news for us.  I don't know what to think. I left a message today with our contacts. Hoping to hear tomorrow. I cannot sleep, and my anxiety is getting out of control. ;-( I feel like puking. 

*edit #3* he isn't getting out. His parole wasn't "denied" as such, but was given a date in 2019 where he goes up for parole again. I don't really understand the ins and outs of this, they call it an "extension", but from what we were told they can just keep giving him these extensions and denying to parole him at the time of the hearing. The state attorney said that is what they will continue to do. I am thrilled and beyond relieved he isn't getting out, however it also means we will have to continue to do this every so often until he bites the dust. Thank you for those prayers and advice. I very much appreciated the support. It's been a hell of a few months. ;-) 

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM
Replies (31-35):
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on May. 10, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Bump for edit #3. He isn't getting out. ;-)

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

I am so sorry you must go through this. Stay Strong!

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on May. 10, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Thank you. At least now I can go on knowing I have 6 more years until it comes up again. A lot can happen in that time. ;-) 

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM

He could have a falling out with his "boyfriend"......

But seriously, I am so sorry you had to even go through that . and that you have to wait 6 years and possibly go through all this again. He needs to be locked up. period.  

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Thank you. At least now I can go on knowing I have 6 more years until it comes up again. A lot can happen in that time. ;-) 

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

SLTmom
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Wow.  I'm so sorry you're going through this.  It must be incredibly stressful, to say the least.  I'm glad his parole was denied.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured