Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why would any parent bring a gun to a little league game ??/

Posted by   + Show Post

Little League halts season after parent fires gun at tee-ball game

1 hr ago

Raffling off assault rifles at Little League events isn't going to be too lucrative if parents are already bringing their own firearms. The North Vallejo Little League in California has suspended play after the report of a parent firing shots into the vehicle of a parent from an opposing team. "How do you bring a gun to a tee-ball game?" wondered Anthony Spears, whose son Andrew plays. League vice president Calvin Wells said gunfire has been heard near the field before and after the incident, and an emergency meeting has been called to decide the fate of the season. "I'd rather lose a season than lose a kid," he said. [Source]

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
SRUsarahSC
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:38 PM

My brother, prior military, has a conceal to carry and has it on him pretty much everywhere.  It's completely legal to have it.  

JMmama
by Bronze Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:38 PM
DH is carries a gun as a part of his job. If he came to a game straight from work he would likely be armed. However, he is smart enough to not shoot at someone over a stupid t-ball argument.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
veronica7926
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:40 PM

true true. but as much as you hope and pray not everyone in this world has common sense enough to make smart choices. hopefully they take steps to making sure something like this doesnt happen again.

Quoting krazylady602:

i agree i also live in arizona and your right guns everywhere but i see something very wrong when someone at a kids game starts shooting off theirs it makes no sense with all the stories i hear and read about innocent victems its sad  

Quoting veronica7926:

i live in arizona and its not uncommen to see EVERYONE and their dog with a gun but ive rarely seen them at kids events. and if they are i never see them leave their holster. its all about the gun owner and how responsible he/she is. theres nothing wrong with taking your gun anywhere but if youre going to be stupid about it then theres a problem.

lga1965
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

That was a good one....big smile mini I got it. 

Quoting LindaClement:

That was sarcasm.

Quoting veronica7926:

who said anything about bombers. this was a little league game.

Quoting LindaClement:

So they can shoot the bombers before they get away.~

leanntx
by Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:43 PM
In Texas people carry their guns everywhere. The sad reality is that tragedies can happen anywhere. People would rather be protected than not be. The problem isn't that a gun was brought to the game, the problem is that it was brought by an irresponsible person abusing their right to bear arms.
MissTacoBell
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:44 PM
I live near there....it's in hick town. This doesn't surprise me.
lga1965
by Ruby Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:48 PM

The concept of "concealed carry" just blows my mind. It sounds sneaky, secretive, as if they know they have a gun but they are hiding it. And ,if so, there's something wrong with having that gun in public. ANYWHERE. Particularly in a group with children.

Do these people with the conceal carry permits have a fear of danger wherever they go so they are armed in case of something bad happening? What a sad , stressful life they have if they think they have to always " be prepared". 

emeraldangel20
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 9:54 PM

because they're stupid

autodidact
by Platinum Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:26 PM

or Vallejo. it's a rough place. 

Quoting talia-mom:

You live in Detroit or Chicago.

LuvmyAiden
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Dh and I both carry pretty much everywhere and I coach not only a coach pitch team but a soccer team as well. However I have never thought of carrying for the purpose of a game. If I know I am going somewhere where carry is prohibited then I dress accordingly and modify how I carry(ie purse so it can be left in the car). Otherwise I carry everyday, everywhere. Being truly used to it and everyday carry feeling normal has to do with carrying your gun just like you do your cell phone, you don't leave the house without it. Bad things seldomly happen when you expect them so only carrying some of the time makes no sense. And while you  may be headed to a game think of all the places you go in between leaving the house and returning to the house after.

I can tell you probably 50% of my parents carry everywhere as well, which means they are carrying at games. HOWEVER none of us have let anyone know and none of us open carry at games and things. I cannot imagine any one of us ever making it known that we were armed unless someone was literally attacking or attempting to kill our kids or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured