Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

why would any parent bring a gun to a little league game ??/

Posted by   + Show Post

Little League halts season after parent fires gun at tee-ball game

1 hr ago

Raffling off assault rifles at Little League events isn't going to be too lucrative if parents are already bringing their own firearms. The North Vallejo Little League in California has suspended play after the report of a parent firing shots into the vehicle of a parent from an opposing team. "How do you bring a gun to a tee-ball game?" wondered Anthony Spears, whose son Andrew plays. League vice president Calvin Wells said gunfire has been heard near the field before and after the incident, and an emergency meeting has been called to decide the fate of the season. "I'd rather lose a season than lose a kid," he said. [Source]

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:54 PM
They're allowed here at the ballparks... As long as you have a permit they don't care. But I live in TX...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 20, 2013 at 11:56 PM
4 moms liked this

There is no need to carry a weapon every where one goes.  Especially to a child's game.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Its what happens when you have a weapon and you are a angry motherfucker....your balls grow to watermelons.

Take away the gun and you have an angry motherfucker that can get his arsed kicked by the rest of the parents....your balls shrink and hide

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM
2 moms liked this

It wouldn't be unusual for me or my husband to be carrying a gun to little league game, The problem is not carrying a gun the problem is the idiot that decided to shoot a gun at a car over a tee ball game. He should be punished accordingly.

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM
3 moms liked this

You are so grossly ignorant of guns and their owners. You show it over and over and over again.

Quoting lga1965:

The concept of "concealed carry" just blows my mind. It sounds sneaky, secretive, as if they know they have a gun but they are hiding it. And ,if so, there's something wrong with having that gun in public. ANYWHERE. Particularly in a group with children.

Do these people with the conceal carry permits have a fear of danger wherever they go so they are armed in case of something bad happening? What a sad , stressful life they have if they think they have to always " be prepared". 

Jessica518
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM
What if she got robbed or someone took her kid or car jacked? Rather be safe than sorry.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Are so many people that paranoid that they carry guns with them every where they go?

I own a gun.  I can't imagine feeling I need to carry it with me all the time.  I don't need to.  If I felt I did I would be concerned about the why in feeling that way.  

Much less to a place where there are so many children. 

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:54 AM

No need to loose a whole season over one crazy. Smh. 

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this

One of my bf's carries at all times. However, even with 4 kids and numerous activities, she has never brandished her gun. I don't take mine out, but even if I did, I don't think I'd ever pull it unless I was being attacked and needed it. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Are so many people that paranoid that they carry guns with them every where they go?

I own a gun.  I can't imagine feeling I need to carry it with me all the time.  I don't need to.  If I felt I did I would be concerned about the why in feeling that way.  

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:58 AM

This

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)