Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

why would any parent bring a gun to a little league game ??/

Posted by   + Show Post

Little League halts season after parent fires gun at tee-ball game

1 hr ago

Raffling off assault rifles at Little League events isn't going to be too lucrative if parents are already bringing their own firearms. The North Vallejo Little League in California has suspended play after the report of a parent firing shots into the vehicle of a parent from an opposing team. "How do you bring a gun to a tee-ball game?" wondered Anthony Spears, whose son Andrew plays. League vice president Calvin Wells said gunfire has been heard near the field before and after the incident, and an emergency meeting has been called to decide the fate of the season. "I'd rather lose a season than lose a kid," he said. [Source]

by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Replies (31-40):
QueenAtargatis
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:01 AM
Agree. We don't own guns, but I'm very ok with people carrying them anywhere. The issue is that the fool decided to shoot at another parent's car.

Quoting soonergirl980:

It wouldn't be unusual for me or my husband to be carrying a gun to little league game, The problem is not carrying a gun the problem is the idiot that decided to shoot a gun at a car over a tee ball game. He should be punished accordingly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this
You forgot L.A.
Quoting talia-mom:

You live in Detroit or Chicago.
soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:14 AM
3 moms liked this

I am not paranoid. I do like having my gun with me for safety. I wear it so often it's just another extension of my clothes. Most people that know me personal do not even know I carry unless it's brought up or they know me really well. I carry at work my boss knows no one else does. Protecting ones self is not paranoia. Things happen and can happen anytime. I am a survivor I am in the percentage where I was attacked by a stranger in the day time in a shopping center so I am very aware of what can happen anytime anywhere. I don't think about it all the time, I do not wonder what is around every corner, but I am aware and I will take steps to ensure my safety and the safety of my kids. Frankly it's not anyone elses business what is under my shirt as long as I am carrying legally.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Are so many people that paranoid that they carry guns with them every where they go?

I own a gun.  I can't imagine feeling I need to carry it with me all the time.  I don't need to.  If I felt I did I would be concerned about the why in feeling that way.  

Much less to a place where there are so many children. 

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I always did.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Are so many people that paranoid that they carry guns with them every where they go?

I own a gun.  I can't imagine feeling I need to carry it with me all the time.  I don't need to.  If I felt I did I would be concerned about the why in feeling that way.  

You do realize there are people who judge you as being paranoid for owning a gun.  They can't imagine why you feel the need to own a gun.  And think you should question why you feel the need to own a gun.  

candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Awesome, I am glad you have the right to do it.
Quoting soonergirl980:

I am not paranoid. I do like having my gun with me for safety. I wear it so often it's just another extension of my clothes. Most people that know me personal do not even know I carry unless it's brought up or they know me really well. I carry at work my boss knows no one else does. Protecting ones self is not paranoia. Things happen and can happen anytime. I am a survivor I am in the percentage where I was attacked by a stranger in the day time in a shopping center so I am very aware of what can happen anytime anywhere. I don't think about it all the time, I do not wonder what is around every corner, but I am aware and I will take steps to ensure my safety and the safety of my kids. Frankly it's not anyone elses business what is under my shirt as long as I am carrying legally.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:36 AM

you know in case one of the teeball players gets out of hand  you can shoot them - people are fucking idiots. This particular fucking idiot should lose all rights to firearms.

mkingsley
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:38 AM
Why would someone bomb and kill family's it could happen any time
mkingsley
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM
Oh my that's no good
candlegal
by Judy on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:40 AM
and that is putting it nicely, lol, which is more than she usually does.
Quoting soonergirl980:

You are so grossly ignorant of guns and their owners. You show it over and over and over again.

Quoting lga1965:

The concept of "concealed carry" just blows my mind. It sounds sneaky, secretive, as if they know they have a gun but they are hiding it. And ,if so, there's something wrong with having that gun in public. ANYWHERE. Particularly in a group with children.

Do these people with the conceal carry permits have a fear of danger wherever they go so they are armed in case of something bad happening? What a sad , stressful life they have if they think they have to always " be prepared". 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)